1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random White Page Errors?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Jaxel, May 1, 2011.

  1. Jaxel

    Jaxel Well-Known Member

    Normally, when you click "Edit", and then "More Options..." it takes you to a page /post/####/save-line. For most posts on my forums, this works as intended without any issues. However with a few specific posts (and the only correlation I can find is that these are "large" posts) it instead sends me to a white page. Inspector errors in image...


    As you can see... instead of heading to /css.php or /data/avatars/... or /styles/flexile/..., its treating all URLs as relative to /posts/229353/. It shouldn't be doing this. I assume the javascript errors are for the same reason. Is there a reason why this is happening while editing the large posts on my forums?

    I have tried disabling ALL modifications on my forum and the issue persists. Also, if instead of clicking "Edit" and then "More Options...", which would bring me to /save-inline, I just right click open in new tab, it brings me to /edit, which works fine. This seems to be related to POST and how big the post is...

    Also, I am using KnownHost, who recently had a DDoS attack which forced them to rebuild some of their router configurations.
  2. Jaxel

    Jaxel Well-Known Member

  3. Jaxel

    Jaxel Well-Known Member

    Okay... narrowed it down more... looking in PAGE_CONTAINER template:
    <xen:if is="{$requestPaths.fullBasePath}"><base href="{$requestPaths.fullBasePath}" /></xen:if>
    For some reason, on pages with these errors, the fullBasePath is not getting resolved. Instead we get:
    <base href="">
  4. Jaxel

    Jaxel Well-Known Member

    Okay, I've determined it to be an issue with the new version of Chrome 11. Issue still exists in Chrome 12... and its such an odd issue that I doubt it will ever be fixed.

    I've manually edited:
    <base href="{$requestPaths.fullBasePath}" />
    and replaced it with href="/"... this appears to have fixed the problem. I originally tried putting in href="http://www.8wayrun.com", but chrome automatically stripped that. It seems to strip anything with the text "http://" in it.
  5. Jake Bunce

    Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    FWIW I too have encountered base href problems in Chrome.
  6. Lawrence

    Lawrence Well-Known Member

    A <base> related bug affecting a couple versions of different browsers has been recently reported here. Although it has to do with search engines, it appears the two issues may be related.

Share This Page