XF 1.4 Random website display issues

coolc11

Hello all,

I've recently had a problem with my site not displaying some page elements to some users. I don't get this error on the mobile version of my site.

I use XenForo 1.4 with the Flexile theme.

Some screenshots of the error are as follows:
edc8429cedcc0b9706aeef78cd701f9b.png

10aeb980cd204cc0ba609b6ee9854f3b.png

The screenshot of the error from my XenForo panel is:
screenshot-20-19-26.png

Thank you very much.

I host this site on a VPS, not shared hosting. Set my max_connections in my /etc/my.cnf file to 700 (an extreme value), and restarted MySQL, but still having this issue:
screensh0t-00-27-45.png

You need to check your logs to see if there is anything abnormal.... like numerous connections from the same IP back to back (and if so, you need to monitor your connections to see if you are under a possible attack - especially if this is a minecraft related forum setup, which it appears to be). If you have been in the Minecraft area long you know the kiddies get PO'd and start the script-kiddy attacks against Minecraft servers and their supporting forum(s).

Your CSS is also not displaying correctly - which indicates either a misconfiguration of the HTTP server or you have errors somewhere in your CSS (EXTRA.css, etc) if you have customized the style any.... which it looks like you have some. Try on a base unmodified style to see if the display problem resolve.

Some of your to many connection problems could also be due to add-ons. And is your minecraft server on the same hardware (or VPS) as the forum - and is it using mySQL?

Last edited:
You need to check your logs to see if there is anything abnormal.... like numerous connections from the same IP back to back (and if so, you need to monitor your connections to see if you are under a possible attack - especially if this is a minecraft related forum setup, which it appears to be). If you have been in the Minecraft area long you know the kiddies get PO'd and start the script-kiddy attacks against Minecraft servers and their supporting forum(s).

Your CSS is also not displaying correctly - which indicates either a misconfiguration of the HTTP server or you have errors somewhere in your CSS (EXTRA.css, etc) if you have customized the style any.... which it looks like you have some. Try on a base unmodified style to see if the display problem resolve.

Some of your to many connection problems could also be due to add-ons. And is your minecraft server on the same hardware (or VPS) as the forum - and is it using mySQL?
I did modify the extra.css, I can take a look at that. I believe I only changed the background image.

This is a Minecraft related forum, I'll prevent root mysql logins. This website is hosted separately from my Minecraft Server and only the XenForo mysql database runs on here.

Thanks for the heads up, should have thought about script kiddies.

Top Bottom