Random Thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to think of a title for something and I don't know what to call it.

I want it to be clear & to the point, but not with hostility.

Diplomacy is had when the other guy doesn't care who is right or wrong or about the greater good.

XenForo like with any production environment is like a sandbox and we all play in that sandbox. We should be adult enough to share the sand and most of the time we are, but that isn't to say there isn't room for improvement.

I'm trying to think of a title for something and I don't know what to call it.

I want it to be clear & to the point, but not with hostility.

Diplomacy is had when the other guy doesn't care who is right or wrong or about the greater good.
Is this two different ideas... or is the title you seek separate from the idea you posted in the third sentence?

XenForo like with any production environment is like a sandbox and we all play in that sandbox. We should be adult enough to share the sand and most of the time we are, but that isn't to say there isn't room for improvement.
Anytime you build a sandbox you are going to find bullies, that is the nature of the playground unfortunately.

Is this two different ideas... or is the title you seek separate from the idea you posted in the third sentence?

Anytime you build a sandbox you are going to find bullies, that is the nature of the playground unfortunately.
They're the same....

I'm working on a detail review for XenForo. I break it down into sections such as XenForo Software, XenForo Development, XenForo Support, and 3rd Party Product Development.

I then divide those sections into 2 parts, pros & cons.

In each section I have have bullets listing key points for those pros and cons. The title I need is for one of those bullets.

They're the same....

I'm working on a detail review for XenForo. I break it down into sections such as XenForo Software, XenForo Development, XenForo Support, and 3rd Party Product Development.

I then divide those sections into 2 parts, pros & cons.

In each section I have have bullets listing key points for those pros and cons. The title I need is for one of those bullets.

I am not feeling particularly creative at this point but feel free to convo me the bullet and I can spit back the first thing that comes to mind if you feel like it.

People love to hate on comments and pass it off as "thread of the year for misinformation."

Keep the hate alive, it's people like you that push me to do better than you. :)

People love to hate on comments and pass it off as "thread of the year for misinformation."

Keep the hate alive, it's people like you that push me to do better than you. :)

I don't know the details of what you're talking about.... However...

Often those who would often claim "misinformation" either don't know, wish to deny something, or are not open minded to other possibilities

How this for irony....

I noted in my review (yesterday) that XenForo has only needed 1 security update in the history of the company (about 3 years now). And that both IPB and vBulletin have released on average between 6 - 12 security patches per year (between them both).

Less than a few hours after this review (today), one of them released a security patch to fix a vulnerability

A method was repaired when it was found to be vulnerable to a potential SQL Injection.

:ROFLMAO: How that for timing?

How this for irony....

I noted in my review (yesterday) that XenForo has only needed 1 security update in the history of the company (about 3 years now). And that both IPB and vBulletin have released on average between 6 - 12 security patches per year (between them both).

Less than a few hours after this review (today), one of them released a security patch to fix a vulnerability
How that for timing?

No, that vulnerability was fixed by vBulletin on 5/22, almost a week ago.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...lletin-5-security-patch-5-0-2-pl1#post3971260

:rolleyes:

Even better... It took them 4 days to post an announcement

Capture.webp

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2424336#post2424336

That was copied to vbulletin.org on 5/26. You must have mistakenly thought it was the officialy support forum. Easy mistake...

You really should be watching the official announcement forum, and the one I linked to in my post.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...lletin-5-security-patch-5-0-2-pl1#post3971260

:rolleyes:
vBulletin.org that last I checked was still owned by Internet Brands. If they can't update their add-on site, the fault still lies with them.

The .com site gives me a socket connection error. Their new security seems to not like my VPN and as such, I don't go there any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom