Random Thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the offer but i don't plan on using it the OUYA is a terrible machine (can't slate it enough) it'll be thrown in with the rest of the garbage soon (shed) :p Thanks for the offer though but probably best giving it to someone that will make use of it. :)
You picked one up then? I was eyeing it up for the kids.

Yeah picked one up last week at Gamestation/Game and thought I'd test the waters on this "revolutionary" android console. Not worth purchasing imo they really aren't anything special.
No? Shame, it looked like it could be something Erin would like LOL

No? Shame, it looked like it could be something Erin would like LOL

I personally don't like it. navigating through it is horrendous. It picks up my pc's wdtv hardrives okay through the XBMC but I prefer my wdtv for movies. Installing apps is painful imo it could be made a whole lot easier but hopefully they'll update that.
They have tutorials on youtube so that helps if you want to make it into a mini media center for Erin but it's nice and compact so it might be worth purchasing for the children.

£99 for console and controller comes with HDMI lead
£149.99 for console and 2 controllers.
Ethernet port
hdmi
wifi
usb slot (for hardrive or memory card).

Personally, I just haven't warmed up to it yet. Just my luck. :laugh:

I had to revert member_card, member_view, footer and member_notable. Before upgrading, I delete the following files from the upgrade package because I've modified them: library/Xenforo/Model/AddOns.php, styles/default/xenforo/logo.og.png and styles/default/xenforo/favicon.ico

I had to revert member_card, member_view, footer and member_notable.
Revert?
Why aren't you merging?

Before upgrading, I delete the following files from the upgrade package because I've modified them: library/Xenforo/Model/AddOns.php
How do you know that file hasn't been changed in this release?
You should be doing a diff compare and merging your changes.

styles/default/xenforo/logo.og.png and styles/default/xenforo/favicon.ico
Why aren't you using a custom style directory?

Revert?
Why aren't you merging?
Forgot I could. Still trying to adjust to the new changes.
How do you know that file hasn't been changed in this release?
You should be doing a diff compare and merging your changes.
Got tired of re-applying this edit each time. Wish there was a working addon for it.
Why aren't you using a custom style directory?
I have styles/default/8thos as my custom style directory whenever I upload stuff.
Are you saying I can add my own logo.og.png and favicon.ico in Xenforo in AdminCP?

Yeah, it's just a style property, you indicate where those images exist with the property, then you don't have to re-upload them.

Favicon goes in the root.

Overwrite the default logo.og.png in your style directory.
Your custom style directory will never be overwritten as it's not included in the upgrade .zip.

I don't see anywhere in Style Properties where we can add logo.og.png and favicon.ico

This is the only thing I can think of when he says "why aren't you using a custom style directory"

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 8.53.41 AM.webp

I use the default Path to Images.

Favicon goes in the root.

Overwrite the default logo.og.png in your style directory.
Your custom style directory will never be overwritten as it's not included in the upgrade .zip.
Okay so don't worry about deleting favicon.ico and always overwrite logo.og.png (which is what I've already been doing)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom