XF 2.0 Random registerations

JoyFreak

I moved from one domain name to another a few days ago. Amended all the options in my Admin CP to work with the new domain (security, apis etc.) However, I have been getting random registrations (no spam, i.e posts/threads) but I can tell they are either bots/spammers because their names are like this:

"Emilyjohn39" "Isabellaerin7" "AlicaJohnson77" "LaraBlixen07" "LisaRay9" "Sarawilliams7" .

That is about all of them in the last couple/three days. You can click their username and see they are adding their websites and a little description (like advertisements). They are actually populating their profile fields after registration.

Who are they? What are they? Why are they bypassing the Invisible captcha if they are bots/spammers? I have used the newly "Spam" option under "moderator tools" so they are banned. But no idea why they keep coming back!

Only thing I can gather is a group that sends human spammers to sites has somehow got a hold of the new domain name and decided to target you.

Monitor the new registrations and see if you can discern any commonality between them that will help to block them.

If they are human, do you think I should still ban them even though they aren't technically spamming? Only registering and populating their profile fields and then disappearing.

Or what do you think I should do?

They are spamming. They are expecting Google to crawl profile pages and see the backlinks to their web sites. Don't ban them, delete them.

2 big boards of my own, 0 automated spam registrations in the past several years. I don't want spammer registrations polluting my databases - DELETE.

projecthoneypot, stopforumspam, solvemedia, blocking TOR exit nodes, blocking China/Russia, visitor IP country scoring, open port scoring, and reverse dns lookups, spam isn't a problem for me.

2 big boards of my own, 0 automated spam registrations in the past several years. I don't want spammer registrations polluting my databases - DELETE.

projecthoneypot, stopforumspam, solvemedia, blocking TOR exit nodes, blocking China/Russia, visitor IP country scoring, open port scoring, and reverse dns lookups, spam isn't a problem for me.

Lol. Secured up!

I moved from one domain name to another a few days ago. Amended all the options in my Admin CP to work with the new domain (security, apis etc.) However, I have been getting random registrations (no spam, i.e posts/threads) but I can tell they are either bots/spammers because their names are like this:

"Emilyjohn39" "Isabellaerin7" "AlicaJohnson77" "LaraBlixen07" "LisaRay9" "Sarawilliams7" .

That is about all of them in the last couple/three days. You can click their username and see they are adding their websites and a little description (like advertisements). They are actually populating their profile fields after registration.

Who are they? What are they? Why are they bypassing the Invisible captcha if they are bots/spammers? I have used the newly "Spam" option under "moderator tools" so they are banned. But no idea why they keep coming back!
and why are this people here on xenforo ? and they seem to be normal human bein lol

Top Bottom