1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Newly Registered User Group?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by XenBurger, Sep 29, 2016.

1. XenBurger

XenBurger Member

This is kind of a weird post - but first is Newly Registered a default usergroup with XenForo?

We imported from vBulletin and I think over there, "Newly Registered" were the users who never verified their email address.

But my brain gets so overwhelmed and foggy at this point, because (for example) a user today asked why he couldn't change his avatar. Turns out he's been posting for a year, but he's still in "Newly Registered" usergroup.

First question is why is he able to post if he never verified his email address?

Second question is, I wonder how many of my legit users are running into random errors because they are also in this group. I can't just move everyone into "Registered" because there will no doubt be a lot of spam accounts in there. Not sure how to proceed... making sure there aren't some legit people in there.

edit: PLOT TWIST! "Newly Registered" usergroup has "Change Avatar" set to "Allow".
    So why did he get an error?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No, that must be an imported user group.

Everyone should have the Registered user group as their primary.
    Spam accounts can be dealt with as and when required.

3. XenBurger

XenBurger Member

@Brogan - We have about 10,700 people in the "Newly Registered" group so its a bit risky to move them (may be a lot of spam accounts), but how would I go about just moving the whole group into "Registered" ?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Use the Batch Update Users function in the ACP.