1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random IP Ban notices for users (Help!)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by mikeambrose3, Jan 15, 2012.

1. mikeambrose3

mikeambrose3 Member

I'm having a quite annoying problem with my XenForo installation (Latest 1.1.1). I also had this problem before on the earlier 1.1.0 I think it was.

People will be browsing my forums then it will say that they have been IP banned from the forums, but if they clear their cache it seems to work fine again. I'm not sure what's causing this and I've found noone with this issue.

The people aren't actually IP banned and their not in the Admin CP, but it gives them the notice and they can't browse for about an hour.

Any help with this?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Moved from bugs to trouble shooting.

Do you have any add-ons installed?

3. mikeambrose3

mikeambrose3 Member

Yes, but I don't think any of them would cause this?

Look But No Read - 1.0
    Separate Sticky and Normal Threads - 1.0
    TaigaChat - 0.5.5
    Tapatalk - 1.1.1
    Xen-TR.com Who Has Visited - 2.3.0
    [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) - 1.5.1

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Are you using a proxy service like Cloudflare? I assume you have actually banned an IP in XenForo -- what have you banned? If you haven't banned an IP, then it is either an add-on or something outside of XenForo itself.

mikeambrose3 likes this.
  5. mikeambrose3

mikeambrose3 Member

I haven't banned any IP addresses, mostly since they are random and occur with anyone. I DO use CloudFlare, but why would CloudFlare make a XenForo pop-up notice? Because it shows the XenForo IP ban notice, not CloudFlare.
    THOUGH, one of my members has been blocked by CloudFlare for attacks apparently. But then again I host game servers, getting attacked is pretty common.

6. mikeambrose3

mikeambrose3 Member

Also the person that is IP banned from CloudFlare apparently can't use our voice server since it's voice.*MyDomain*.com, but that's Cloudflare, not Xenforo.

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Are you sure it's a XenForo message? A screenshot would help.

Also, taking your site out of CloudFlare's system would probably be the best test.

8. mikeambrose3

mikeambrose3 Member

It's one of those XenForo popups, It's the one that uses the skins CSS. I don't have any screenshots.

I will remove CloudFlare later, that could well be the problem I guess.

9. mikeambrose3

mikeambrose3 Member

I actually just disabled it a few hours ago, I guess that was the thing from yesterday too that I had problems with.

Thanks anyways for the help.

10. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

So cloudflare is not recommended? Seems like a lot of errors and potential problems. Is using just a plain VPS server OK?