Resource icon

[RainDigitalDesign] User Activity (Users Viewed, Viewing Thread) 1.1.5

No permission to download
I'm getting a Show All and Show Less thing on the right of Who has read this Thread.
Any way to make it always show so there isn't a clickable thing??

I'm getting a Show All and Show Less thing on the right of Who has read this Thread.

Uh... lol. I need to make that an option I suppose. Look in template modifications, i think this addon has one for Page_Container. Unchecking it should actually disable the feature.

The container max size however is adjustable, if you have a large board this feature helps when you have 1000 people having read a thread. You can always up it a little bit.

I have used this add-on for a few months, and last night upgraded to latest/greatest version. Staff's really liking it!

But both before and after the upgrade, I am getting this error sporadically throughout the day:

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: thread - library/RainDD/UserActivity/Controller/ThreadViewers.php:17
Generated By: mike c, Today at 9:16 AM

Stack Trace
#0 /usr/www/.../xfmain/library/RainDD/UserActivity/Controller/ThreadViewers.php(17): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/usr/www/users/...', 17, Array)
#1 /usr/www/.../xfmain/library/RainDD/UserActivity/Controller/ThreadReaders.php(8): RainDD_UserActivity_Controller_ThreadViewers->actionIndex()
#2 /usr/www/.../xfmain/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): RainDD_UserActivity_Controller_ThreadReaders->actionIndex()
#3 /usr/www/.../xfmain/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /usr/www/.../xfmain/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(100) "http://forums....com/threads/hall-oates-voices-vinyl-lp-mobile-fidelity-mofi-sealed.387358/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Interesting, Line 17 is pretty standard fair:
Code:
$threadId = $response->params['thread']['thread_id'];

Just reading the parent information into a variable. What other addon's do you have that affect threads?

Ye Official Add-On List:

upload_2014-10-20_14-12-40.webp

The ones affecting threads, which I can see, would be Newest Post First, Separate Sticky and Normal Threads, Signature Once. I just looked again, and all the threads in the errors are in our trading area, which makes use of the XenCentral Trading System (it is enabled only for the trading area of the forum).

It doesn't affect all thread views, but only a small number. Our trading area has a lot of traffic.

I would disable the addon for your sake until I release a fix. Unfortunately since I believe this does have something to do with the trading system I can't say I will ever be able to discover why.

But prevention is easy. I should be checking if the variable I am reading from is even set before doing anything further. This fix will mean the plugin won't display in situations where the error would occur. It might mean the plugin not displaying in situations it otherwise should. Which is why its not really a fix.

I will try to find out the cause if I can. For now I don't understand it and being a paid addon conflicting limits my ability.

It's not a huge deal, as everything seems to be working, but it does clutter up the logs. To be honest, I cannot see where any information is missing, or no places where the layout looks suspicious.

In the past there was a conflict between an old version of this add-on and the same Trading System, but they cleared it up with a change on their end, rather quickly.

I actually wish I could borrow the styling and function from the expandable quote block within posts... ;) Not a huge deal though, as only staff uses the "who viewed the thread" area. On some of our most popular threads (such as giveaways, which brings stagnant members out of the woodwork), we'll have several hundred usernames listed.

I'm assuming that's a request? The stock xenforo data I don't think updates it based off the observation last on the list is always last new person to have read.

I can do this with the new version though.

Here is what's going to happen. I'm splitting this into a new plugin. This will exist much as it does now and only be passive. I'm going to write a new plugin with its own data writer for views. That way we can control and have options for how it behaves. That will also allow for the who has viewed on the other areas requested such as pages, resources etc. Once that is in place then yeah for sure.

Just revisiting this, were you ever able to add the ability for the last viewed time/date to be shown when hovering over a users name or avatar? Thanks in advance!

I would disable the addon for your sake until I release a fix. Unfortunately since I believe this does have something to do with the trading system I can't say I will ever be able to discover why.

But prevention is easy. I should be checking if the variable I am reading from is even set before doing anything further. This fix will mean the plugin won't display in situations where the error would occur. It might mean the plugin not displaying in situations it otherwise should. Which is why its not really a fix.

I will try to find out the cause if I can. For now I don't understand it and being a paid addon conflicting limits my ability.

Space-wise, could you please make the bars collapsable-expandable by click, something like a spoiler ? thx :)

hello, sorry, I have been looking, but where is it I am supposed to do this:

Users who have read thread is based on the Xenforo setting for Read Marking Data Lifetime (Days). Data past this length is deleted and you will lose those reads. Increase as desired.

Thanks in advance!

Does this work on 1.4.4? I enabled the permissions for all user groups and none of the containers display.

Should work fine as the site it is developed on is on 1.4.4. Have you checked against the stock theme and does everything look okay in the options? The position can be set to off but I think by default they are on.

Its been a long time since I've looked at it. Development of the new version was put off. Remember this goes off xenforo read marking data so turning that setting up so the data isn't removed so often is required in this version. It won't show on old threads that are past that setting. Look at newer threads. This is a problem that will be solved when the new version is written.

I did check it against the default theme, did not appear there either. Nor did it appear in newer threads unfortunately. Any idea when the newer version will be released?