Resource icon

[RainDigitalDesign] User Activity (Users Viewed, Viewing Thread) 1.1.5

No permission to download
Installed but my one does not show the members in colour as your screen shot show

Attachments

• upload_2014-9-26_15-52-49.webp
    upload_2014-9-26_15-52-49.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 12
It doesn't look as if you have colored usernames when I view a thread. It might be the theme but the default theme supports it.

You have username css set for each usergroup?
upload_2014-9-26_9-56-52.webp

I think what would be a nice addition is to some how wrap a box/border around the info for members viewing and read a Thread.

I think what would be a nice addition is to some how wrap a box/border around the info for members viewing and read a Thread.

There already is. It defaults to your themes properties for .Section .SecondaryContent so for example on my theme it looks like this:
upload_2014-9-26_12-33-50.webp

Once you adjust the style properties it looks like this:
upload_2014-9-26_12-33-2.webp

upload_2014-9-26_12-34-34.webp

If your secondary content has no border then by default this will have no border. Just adjust the style properties for the plugin to add on.

I'm having a problem with the addon that members on my board noticed. Guests number will always show zero for unregistered or registered members, but for staff members it shows the correct number.

I'm having a problem with the addon that members on my board noticed. Guests number will always show zero for unregistered or registered members, but for staff members it shows the correct number.

Hmm I will look into it. If I had to venture a guess guests might be included in the session model setting for unconfirmed. Which is currently set to be viewable only by those with bypass permissions.

If you want to test this theory (I'm at work). Edit the model file in /library/RainDD/Model/ThreadRead.php and look for the parameter that's either unconfirmed or get unconfirmed. Change the $bypassUserPrivacy to just true no $ or anything.

Might not be it. If its not I will have to look at the session call parameters. Xenforo provides the counts in an array from the function. But there are parameters defining what to show.

I think you meant ThreadViewers.php and by changing that variable to true it works fine. :)

Also by setting "Bypass user privacy" in the usergroup permissions to Allow will do the job.

In fact I did... I'd ask where my head was at but work is the apparent answer. Of course you wouldn't want to give that permission to guests :p.

Alright I will double check the function in Xenforo to make sure that is the intended use and update accordingly.

On mobile I noticed it mashes names of non-staff together - it's not the responsive design, I can resize on my PCs and it works fine. For some reason, the spaces and commas still get put in for staff viewing the thread.

0c7sJAF.png

This was on the latest Dolphin browser on a Galaxy S3. That's 6 user names smashed together.

On mobile I noticed it mashes names of non-staff together - it's not the responsive design, I can resize on my PCs and it works fine. For some reason, the spaces and commas still get put in for staff viewing the thread.

This was on the latest Dolphin browser on a Galaxy S3. That's 6 user names smashed together.

The commas are put in via CSS or maybe not ill have to double check. I'm going to be a smart ass and say I already see the problem. Dolphin browser. I will look I to it but I also have no love for browsers that don't have a history of being standards compliant. Which is crazy for being WebKit based. I have more love for IE than Dolphin :p

Last edited:
Initial test on my Nexus 5 with dolphin not seeing it on my site. Custom or stock theme. I can't check that site atm due to the way its setup for new members.

Plenty of interesting behaviour out of Dolphin though. Some pages I can't get the login bar to come down. Typing in the login the screen flashes. Not sure if the breadcrumb exploding is the theme or dolphin?

I realized I was looking at reading thread on my site which while the styling is the same its not necessarily best to compare.

Have you duplicated this on a desktop at responsive width?

I realized I was looking at reading thread on my site which while the styling is the same its not necessarily best to compare.

Have you duplicated this on a desktop at responsive width?

Oh yes, and I did try default theme and other themes on mobile and had the same result.

Have not been able to duplicate on PC. On Desktop I resized, changed theme, hard refreshed, etc and it all showed up properly.

That's not good. I have no clue how I would start to diagnose on a mobile platform. Can't exactly hit up the object inspector. I may try an alternative separation method...

That's not good. I have no clue how I would start to diagnose on a mobile platform. Can't exactly hit up the object inspector. I may try an alternative separation method...

Alright, I have at least narrowed it down to Dolphin Browser as the culprit - the built-in browser ("Internet') doesn't have this issue.

Built in browser starting with android 4.1 if I remember correctly, is Chrome based for the record. Not that anyone could tell the difference. Though Samsung might have replaced it as well you never know.