Resource icon

[RainDigitalDesign] User Activity (Users Viewed, Viewing Thread) 1.1.5

No permission to download
rainmotorsports updated [RainDD] Thread Activity (Users Viewed, Viewing Thread) with a new update entry:

1.0.4 Query Reduction from 6 to 2!

Thanks to @resonansER for causing me to investigate the abnormal amount of queries. I now use a 0 query method for prevent thread redirect errors.
1.0.4 - Changed controllers to reduce queries.
1.0.3 - This is a maintenance release containing changes from the upcoming 1.1 release that is now in beta.
- Plugin now honor's new XF 1.4 permission for hiding current activity.
- Fixed performance issue with controller not being selected for session queries.
- Fixed issue with online...

Read the rest of this update entry...

In addition to 1.0.4 being pushed out here is 1.1 Beta 3. The Online Cutoff issue and excessive query issues have been fixed. No other changes. Next release will have the limit on number of users displayed.

Please see this for details on the Beta - https://xenforo.com/community/threa...iewed-viewing-thread.74111/page-5#post-830775

Files have been renamed in convention with future updates. So as with the 1.0.x to 1.1 Beta 1 instructions I would delete the files to not have any extras.

In addition to 1.0.4 being pushed out here is 1.1 Beta 3. The Online Cutoff issue and excessive query issues have been fixed. No other changes. Next release will have the limit on number of users displayed.

Please see this for details on the Beta - https://xenforo.com/community/threa...iewed-viewing-thread.74111/page-5#post-830775

Files have been renamed in convention with future updates. So as with the 1.0.x to 1.1 Beta 1 instructions I would delete the files to not have any extras.
What does that even mean? I just downloaded the new update from the overview page and installed that one.. I hope I dont have to install that file you just posted.

You don't know what a beta is? Just stick to the current version on the overview page 1.0.4

Yea I know what a beta is.. that fish in the bowl thats red and blue..

na just kidding.. I just got scared cause you said delete all the files and all that.. now that sound scary to do.

Yea I know what a beta is.. that fish in the bowl thats red and blue..

na just kidding.. I just got scared cause you said delete all the files and all that.. now that sound scary to do.

HA. When 1.1 is officially out all the old files will not be overwritten or used. So you will be able to delete them when you do upgrade. No immediate harm in not deleting them. I figure anyone willing to run the beta will be comfortable in such things.

HA. When 1.1 is officially out all the old files will not be overwritten or used. So you will be able to delete them when you do upgrade. No immediate harm in not deleting them. I figure anyone willing to run the beta will be comfortable in such things.
So basiacly delete all the files for this add on that you uploaded? Now oppens a whole new world of questions.. so do I uninstall it first? or just delete it and install the new one?

So basiacly delete all the files for this add on that you uploaded? Now oppens a whole new world of questions.. so do I uninstall it first? or just delete it and install the new one?

For the upgrade from 1.0.x to 1.1 Beta or 1.1 Final:
I have not yet tested 1.0.4 > 1.1 but I believe the changes are so great that uninstallation is required for the upgrade anyways.

As far as uninstall first or delete files first? Uninstall first to prevent errors.

What files to delete? In the FTP navigate to library then RainDD and inside that delete the ThreadActivity folder. The new plugin 1.1 will be using a folder called UserActivity because the plugin is being renamed due to new features coming in 1.2.

I've uninstalled the Thread Activity Add-On and installed the User Activity Beta but nothing shows up anymore below the Quick Reply. I have confirmed that the settings are correct within the Options.

Did you redo the user group permissions? They don't carry over since I renamed them to fit with future changes.

Alright so I am just about done adding the limit to the read thread container. I am doing this by pixel height and not count. It's not only easier but it also takes care of the mobile side of things. In the options there will be a spin box to set the height.

upload_2014-9-23_20-21-30.webp

This will be even better in 1.2. 1.2 will use its own read data which will have first and last dates. From this the order will be sortable. So you can have latest views first and the collapse would cover the older views instead of the newest if a site chose that.

rainmotorsports updated [RainDD] User Activity (Users Viewed, Viewing Thread) with a new update entry:

1.1.0 New Options, Style Options, Features & Bug Fixes

UPGRADING FROM 1.0.x
Uninstall the previous "Thread Activity" plugin as it can not be upgraded.
You will need to set your usergroup permissions again.
Extensive changes were made in 1.1 due to future planned changes.

Changelog
Added style properties for easy styling.
Added height limit to read container & setting to control it.
Added control over banned & activity hidden users in read thread.
Added control over showing Tapatalk viewers.
Added...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Alright development on 1.2 starts today. Building the data writer for Thread, Page & Forum views... no clue what I am doing yet :p But this will eventually lead to the original feature being available for all parts of the forum, Nodes, Pages, Resources whatever.

rainmotorsports, I have a problem, there is some kind of conflict with your mod and this one:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenfacils-quote-quote-with-avatar-and-more.56/

When using that above one the Users Who Have Read This Thread part gets messed up and sends the username to the top right of the Forum.
If I disable that mod then yours works fine, but I was hoping you could take a look and see if you can find out why there is a conflict and if it could be fixed so I could use them both.

Like I said, if I disable that quote mod all is fine, just when I have it turned on.
Can't be a huge thing i don't think.
I'll sit and await your reply :D

At first I thought it might be pretty big. The other addon is older and doesn't use template modifications which tends to be problematic. But that wasn't related to the issue.

The problem appears to be they are using similar class names for the expand/collapse. I just need to change my div classes and the template modification containing my javascript and that will solve the issue.

Update will be out in a few minutes.