• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ragtek Newest/latest Posts Sidebar Block

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
I notice that the latest threads show ALL lastes posts... even if they are all replies in the same thread... So I could set it as the last 8 posts and if they are all in the same thread it will post them all...

So, is there any way to set this up so it only takes one thread in there?
Thanks!

Not sure if he is around, Ragtek has not been here in 2 weeks and his site is down. Hope hasn't given up dev for Xenforo.

What I like most about this add-on's display of new posts is that it actually shows content from the posts themselves. However, I wish to control the amount of text shown and wonder if that can be expanded. Also, would it be an easy matter to have this new posts box displayed wider and above the forum listing instead of as a sidebar block? With the box aligned that way, more text would not cause it to stretch down much more since there is more horizontal space, and by being above the forum listing it would be more immediately visible to the guest I suppose.

If you are wondering what I am getting at, here is a screen shot I took of a similar feature when my forum was still using vBulletin 3.x: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/nexias-newscast-existing-vb3-add-on.8651/ As you can see, that add-on displayed content from the latest topics, whereas yours displays from latest content in general. That distinction does not matter so much to me, though, since what is important is that it displays actual words/content being posted on the forum rather than just the title, so that guests may get a taste of the latest content before having to browse the forums/click topic titles.

Moreover, that add-on, like yours, allows the administrator to choose how many new topics (posts in your case) to display, though it also allows you to control the amount of characters to display from the posts themselves, and to exclude certain forums.

Anyways, the alignment of the box widened above the forum listing and the ability to control the amount of characters is what is of most interest to me, though the ability to specify just new topics would be cool too. I wonder how much that would cost as a paid add-on, if this is not an easy add-on to make.

Not sure if he is around, Ragtek has not been here in 2 weeks and his site is down. Hope hasn't given up dev for Xenforo.

His add-on "company" is no more, having another coder helping "didnt work", his site is dead and he deleted his twitter page.

He's living up to his user title obviously :rolleyes:

Yes, he totally is! After he took money from me (but never delivered what we had planned)! :mad:

PS: Sorry for off-topic, but i'm so pissed off!

XenForo has no control or liability over any add-on developer.

Any members will have to contact ragtek directly to resolve any issues.

Further discussion related to this will be deleted as it is off topic for the thread.

I haven't read up on the situation, but regardless of what happened to his company, what I saw from the get go was him helping a damn damn lot with the newcomers to xenforo, delivering them free addons, documentation, information, and thanks to that they were able to move away from other boards to xenforo, and up their community with state of art software.

A lot of what he has done has been free, some paid for, some available through donations. My experience with ragtek has been positive, he's helped me and others a lot, and delivered what was asked (free or paid).

My only concern with this add-on is that it will keep displaying a post that was deleted, which is problematic if it was a spam post just deleted.

Edit: Hm, seems they may just be showing up for me, as the "deleted" posts are by default simply moved out of public view.

My only concern with this add-on is that it will keep displaying a post that was deleted, which is problematic if it was a spam post just deleted.

Edit: Hm, seems they may just be showing up for me, as the "deleted" posts are by default simply moved out of public view.
Also shows posts that are in moderation.

Yes, he totally is! After he took a lot of money from me (but never delivered)! :mad:PS: Sorry for off-topic, but i'm so pissed off!
His add-on "company" is no more, having another coder helping "didnt work", his site is dead and he deleted his twitter page.
I haven't read up on the situation

http://ragtek.org/xenforo/
is up and working.
I was able to post there.

I sent Ragtek a small amount of money, and he did have some really good add-on ideas, one of which he never implemented or even addressed after promising to have one available. That was an email reminder to members who haven't posted lately, along with a way to cope with bounces. There's a similar product for vBulletin, although it has also stagnated and there wasn't a new version available as of the time I migrated.

Top Bottom