• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ragtek Newest/latest Posts Sidebar Block

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
Ok will try this out and let you know. Thank you.

Again, do I need to do anything through my site hosting FTP Client, or all through Xenforo platform?

You need to upload all the necessary files (hosting ftp client, or normal ftp client)

What are the necessary files?
Upload and extract the framework and sidebar into ftp client
Upload framework and sidebar in xenforo platform
Good to go?

Uploaded and extracted Framework then Side bar to FTP Client.
Uploaded framework in Xenforo, then when I tried to upload Sidebar I get this
Error

The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again.

Thank you for this great Addon-on ragtek! :)

The first time i got for myself a "no avatar" . This was because I used "gravatar" instead "avatar". I changed it to an avatar and now all works perfect!

Thank you for this great Addon-on ragtek! :)

The first time i got for myself a "no avatar" . This was because I used "gravatar" instead "avatar". I changed it to an avatar and now all works perfect!
Hm?
Does this mean that thies doesn't work with gravatas?

I don't know but on my site it looks like this. With "Avatar" I have an Image, with "Gravatar" my Avatar in the sidebar looks like I'm a guest.

Got it! love it ragtek thank you for your help!! I will donate!
you're welcome:)

it's hard for "novices", to learn so much new stuff (what's ftp, where's the home directory, where i've uploaded my forum,....... i had the same problems several years ago.. )
i'm glad i could help you:)

I've found the problem(it's in my add-on helper framework => getLatestPosts method)

Will be fixed in the next fw release

try this:
open Ragtek_FW_Latest (library/Ragtek/FW/Latest.php

search for
PHP:
  SELECT thread.*,
                post.*,
                user.avatar_date
        FROM xf_post AS post

and replace with
PHP:
  SELECT thread.*,
              post.*,
              user.avatar_date,
              user.gravatar
        FROM xf_post AS post

One more thing, the latest posts can't seem to tell Male from Female as a ? mark appears for that too.
Would be grate if you could work this into your next verison.

Top Bottom