• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ragtek Newest/latest Posts Sidebar Block

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
One more thing, the latest posts can't seem to tell Male from Female as a ? mark appears for that too.
Would be grate if you could work this into your next verison.
replace
user.avatar_date,
user.gravatar

with user.*

this is a quick fix, which should work;)

Thanks Ragtek, there is a bug, the block only will display to guests when an administrator is online, otherwise it only shows when logged into the forum it seems.

Use templatehook <!-- block: sidebar_online_users --> instead of <!-- end block: sidebar_online_staff -->

That's because the online_users sidebar hook is only available, if the online stuff box is shown:(

I have the sidebar_online_users template like so:

HTML:
<xen:edithint template="sidebar.css" />

<!-- block: sidebar_online_staff -->

<!-- end block: sidebar_online_staff -->

And it seems to work fine logged in and out now :) I gather I need them comments in for it to work.

Moving this code around in the same template should move the position of the block:

Code:

Moving this code around in the same template should move the position of the block:

Code:

I think that i've suggested this already in the template hook thread, because ATM the 2 "strings" for search & replace are only available if a staff member is online:)

I notice that the version numbers are different between here and ragtek.org, is that a "premium" version and this one is to be considered "free"? Are there many bugfixes/feature changes between the two (other than the noted phrases)?

Thanks.

Looks much better this way...
View attachment 14436

I have Tenshi's latest Threads addon, and wanted to get the recent posts like you have in this mod..

How do I get my "recent posts" to display just like tenshi's newest posts mod? with the username + time / date in the subtext as shown in that attachment?

Right now it doesn't display any date or time, I took Tenshi's code but it just shows the date, no username, no time

Grate job Ragtek, Hidden forum permissions works :D

I have one favour to ask. Would it be possible to have a size adjustment for the avatars. They look a bit large compared to the "last thread" app.

View attachment 14805

Looking good.......(y)
Search for this template: ragtek_latest_posts_sidebarblock

Look for <xen:avatar user="$post" size="s" img="false"/>

Change false to true, hit save.

Top Bottom