• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ragtek New User Notification System (NUNS)

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ragtek

This add-on includes the features from this add-ons:
ragtek new user conversation
ragtek new user mail
ragtek new user thread
(if you use one of these add-ons, you would need to deinstall or deactivate it!)

With this add-on you're able to:
Send Welcome Conversations to new members
Send Team Notifications when somebody registers
Create an Welcome Thread

ATTENTION:
To be able to install it, you need to install my framework too! => http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ragtek-add-ons-helper-framework.15163/

The version available here is a very early beta version....

Current stable version is 1.1.1 and it's available on: http://ragtek.org/xenforo/threads/new-user-notification-system-1-1.230/#post-1362

PayPal donations are always welcome and motivate me to continue the work on FREE and UNBRANDED Add-ons;)

Attachments

• option1.webp
    option1.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 172
  • option2.webp
    option2.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 171
  • option3.webp
    option3.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 156
  • option4.webp
    option4.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 155
Available Variables inside the phrases:

• 'user' => the userdata
  • 'boardname' => Title of your board
  • 'homeUrl' => If you have set up a home url, this variable will include this, if not, it willinclude the URL to the xenforo index page
  • 'username' => username of the new registered user
  • 'profileurl' =>URL to the users profile page
  • 'ip' => IP Address of the new user
  • 'welcomeThread' => Link to the welcome thread (if it was created)

Ragtek, is it possible to redirect or force a user to read a certain thread upon registration?

Ragtek, is it possible to redirect or force a user to read a certain thread up registration?
yes, just change the return behaviour of actionRegister in xenforo_controllerpublic_register

with this add-on: no;)

yes, just change the return behaviour of actionRegister in xenforo_controllerpublic_register

Thank you! I just installed this and haven't got a chance to use it yet, but so far the framework and admin settings is very well thought out.

Great job!

Ragtek, I just tested this out and ran into a few problems.. In the new member welcome conversation, the thread apresantion did not redirect to the right url.

Code:
http%3A//threads/d%25C3%25AA-boas-vindas-%25C3%25A0-dummycm-ao-cogumelosm%25C3%25A1gicos.6061/&r=http%3A//cogumelosmagicos.org/comunidade/conversations/bem-vindo-a-ao-cogumelosm%25C3%25A1gicos.11148/

Also in the new thread, below administration board title it shows forum//

That would be really nice, you know. That a new member gets firstly directed to the welcome thread. :)

That would be really nice, you know. That a new member gets firstly directed to the welcome thread. :)
wouldn't it make more sense to redirect them to the new conversation?
Theres IMHO the place for "all important stuff" + there's the link to the welcome thread (if you don't have the bug like gldtn, which i'm trying to fix ATM^^)

what do you mean with this?

In the welcome thread message,

Code:
Dear {username},

Welcome to {boardname}!

We welcome you aboard, and hope that you'll have a great time here with our community as well.

Administration,
{boardname}
[url="{homeUrl}"]{homeUrl}[/url]

The home url variable:
Code:
returns that.. I must say that I have 8wayrun portal installed with Set as Index Controller (Move forums to /forum/ and set /portal/ as the index.) ticked on! I did not try it with it off.

Thanks!

In the welcome thread message,

Code:
Dear {username},

Welcome to {boardname}!

We welcome you aboard, and hope that you'll have a great time here with our community as well.

Administration,
{boardname}

The home url variable:
Code:
returns that.. I must say that I have 8wayrun portal installed with Set as Index Controller (Move forums to /forum/ and set /portal/ as the index.) ticked on! I did not try it with it off.

Thanks!
no it's my fault and i knew that something could be wrong for some users in the phrases^^
that's why it's still beta;)
THIS ADD-ON is in BETASTAGE, until i finish some work with the phrases and the available variables.

Fix has been uploaded to the first post:)

Update from Beta 1 to Beta2 doesn't require a xml update, just reupload the files!

*slap face*

You're absolutely right. One would think that after writing the text for the phrases of this addon myself, I would remember that the private conversation contains a link to the welcome thread. :D

My apologies, ragtek. :oops:

The
Code:
phrase in the new welcome thread and new welcome conversation is still not working here on my end. The link in the conversation to the new thread is fixed.

The
Code:
phrase in the new welcome thread and new welcome conversation is still not working here on my end. The link in the conversation to the new thread is fixed.
aaaaaah, now i see what you mean

So you DONT want to use the homeURL, you want to get the forum url?
Right?

If not, could somebody translate into german what he means?:D

aaaaaah, now i see what you mean

So you DONT want to use the homeURL, you want to get the forum url?
Right?

If not, could somebody translate into german what he means?:D

LOL.. it's not that I don't want to use it, the problem is that the output of is not showing correctly as it should(Well unless there is something wrong in my end or I missed something.

http://cogumelosmagicos.org/comunidade/threads/dê-boas-vindas-à-dummycm.6063/

See how it returns: just http://forum// ?

Hey ragtek, I have a suggestion to create a mod that replies to threads created in a certain forum. For example the forum would be introductions, so if someone creates a thread there, there will be an auto reply to it..

Anyways nice add-ons! :)

You also may want to add the following instructions from your readme file to the first post here:

Description: Installation:
  • Upload everything from the "upload" directory into your forum directory
  • install ragtek New User Notification System_1.0.0 Beta 2_b_2.xml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom