• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ragtek New User Notification System (NUNS)

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit short on time, sorry if it's answered in the thread..

With this mod, is it possible to have 1 welcome thread to point to, and welcome users by adding a new post to this welcome thread? We don't want to have "what is new" flooded with welcome threads when there's a spike in traffic.
http://ragtek.org/xenforo/threads/new-user-notification-system-1-1-beta1.230/ ;) Current version is called "beta" but it's not like vB4 gold
badteeth.gif
, so there's nothing to change/fix so i don't want to rename it only to gold and release it again^^

Bit short on time, sorry if it's answered in the thread..

With this mod, is it possible to have 1 welcome thread to point to, and welcome users by adding a new post to this welcome thread? We don't want to have "what is new" flooded with welcome threads when there's a spike in traffic.
yes, you can set it up so that an elected account posts welcome posts to a welcome thread

May I suggest adding a new parameter for "User Date of Birth"? This could be used along with Email and IP address in the Team Mail Message as suggested here. :)

Available Variables inside the phrases:

• 'user' => the userdata
  • 'boardname' => Title of your board
  • 'homeUrl' => If you have set up a home url, this variable will include this, if not, it willinclude the URL to the xenforo index page
  • 'username' => username of the new registered user
  • 'profileurl' =>URL to the users profile page
  • 'ip' => IP Address of the new user
  • 'welcomeThread' => Link to the welcome thread (if it was created)

I couldn't get {ip} to work in the Team Email Phrase. Am I using the correct variable?

Dear ragtek,

Here are a few things I noticed, and thought I'd post about them here. :)

I posted about this earlier, and this issue seems as if it's still there.
I've posted it in our bug tracker:)

Secondly, the {ip} variable doesn't seem to work in the Team Email phrase.

Thirdly, there is a problem with the email that is generated. If user A registers, an email is sent. When user B registers, the email sent is added (in Gmail) as a thread to the previous email that was sent, instead of sending a separate email. This of course, I am talking about Gmail. Is there any way that a separate email that shows individually is sent instead? :)

Thirdly, there is a problem with the email that is generated. If user A registers, an email is sent. When user B registers, the email sent is added (in Gmail) as a thread to the previous email that was sent, instead of sending a separate email. This of course, I am talking about Gmail. Is there any way that a separate email that shows individually is sent instead? :)

Gmail stitches emails in a single thread mostly based upon Sender, Subject and few other factors. One can easily prevent it from being merged together by adding unique identifier in the subject (e.g. email address or name of the registered user). Why don't you go and modify he email template and give it a try? :-)

See, that's what I don't understand.

The template of the email sent is pretty much the same as vB used. The title is the same, and so is the rest of the message in the email. What is different in vB's emails are: User name that just registered, the link to his / her profile, his / her email address, IP address and date of birth.

The phrases for email (none yet for this mod) and IP address (doesn't seem to work) don't seem to be functioning yet, so that could be a reason that Gmail is stitching the mails together. Perhaps if ragtek would very kindly get these working, Gmail would recognize them as separate emails. :)

The phrases for email (none yet for this mod)
1. All texts are phrased

2. The ip was missing for the e-mail templates, it's working now in the newest version

Add the username to the subject;)

Attachments

• nuns porb.webp
    nuns porb.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 14
Thank you for this, ragtek. May I ask when you would be releasing this over here? :)

Secondly, may I request to add variables for "Birthday" and "Email address" which we could include into the team email?

Email is already available in the phrases

I don't know when(if) i'll release it here.

I dont quite understand why this thread is allowed to stay open. He's offering a buggy beta version here, or a more upto date version if you visit his site and pay.

I have no objections to people charging for their mods, but doing it in this way seems to take the mick a bit. Getting both bites of the cherry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom