• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ragtek New User Notification System (NUNS)

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
In your ACP => options => Basic Board Information => Home Page Url is set to forum/ ,right?:D

I'll try to find a workaround for this, because IMHO the homepage URL is a "absolute url" including all necessary parts ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Resource_Locator#Syntax ) and not only "forum"

Hmm I think I see what it is. It's that since I use 8WayRun portal and in order for the HOME tab not to show twice in the menu. 8WayRun portal requires you to have the homepage url left blank. So I think that is why it's returning the http://forum//. No biggie, I can just remove that from the phrase system on your plugin for now I guess.

Hmm I think I see what it is. It's that since I use 8WayRun portal and in order for the HOME tab not to show twice in the menu. 8WayRun portal requires you to have the homepage url left blank. So I think that is why it's returning the http://forum//. No biggie, I can just remove that from the phrase system on your plugin for now I guess.
You could modify
PHP:
    protected function _getStartUrl(){
        $options = XenForo_Application::get('options');
        return ($options->homePageUrl ? $options->homePageUrl : XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('full:index')) . '/';
    }
In ragtek_nuns_model_notifications to return whatever you want;)

Edit:
OR: create a seperate add-on which overrides my method!
So you will not need to care of the filechange on every upgrade!

Edit library/Ragtek/NUNS/Model/Notifications.php
Add
PHP:
                 'logoLink' => $options->logoLink,
after
PHP:
  'homeUrl' => $this->_getStartUrl(),
use
PHP:
[url="{logoLink}"]{logoLink}[/url]

Leave spanish traslation

Salud2

Attachments

Edit library/Ragtek/NUNS/Model/Notifications.php
Add
PHP:
                'logoLink' => $options->logoLink,
after
PHP:
use
PHP:
[url="{logoLink}"]{logoLink}[/url]

Leave spanish traslation

Salud2
the logolink is IMHO also only the home url
PHP:
$logoLink = ($options->logoLink ? $homeLink : XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('full:index'));

Hey ragtek, I have a suggestion to create a mod that replies to threads created in a certain forum. For example the forum would be introductions, so if someone creates a thread there, there will be an auto reply to it..

Anyways nice add-ons! :)

I really like this mod, but an option to auto create an presentation thread or auto reply to an presentation thread on an given forum would be nice. Right now the problem with the auto create a thread is that some users just register in the forum and don't feel like communicating in any way other than just read the board, so when the auto presentation thread is created, the new user never replies to it and it just becomes a dead thread right from the gutter.

Ragtek, do you think an option like this could be implemented?

the logolink is IMHO also only the home url
PHP:
$logoLink = ($options->logoLink ? $homeLink : XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('full:index'));
You're right and it does not work.
If it does so by modifying the file library/Ragtek/NUNS/Model/Notifications.php, leaving the change to the template as proposed.
PHP:
class Ragtek_NUNS_Model_Notifications extends XenForo_Model{

public function setUser($user){

$this->_user = $user;
 }

public function getPhraseParams($threadId = 0, $thread = NULL){

$params = array(
 'user' => $this->_user,
 'boardname' => $options->boardTitle,
 'logoLink' => $this->_getStartLogoUrl(),
 'username' => $this->_user['username'],
 'profileurl' => XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('full:members', $this->_user),
 'ip' => (isset($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) ? $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] : false),
 'threadId' => $threadId,
 'welcomeThread' => XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('full:threads', $thread, array(),true)

);
 return $params;
 }

protected function _getStartUrl(){
 return ($options->homePageUrl ? $options->homePageUrl : XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('index')) . '/';
 }

protected function _getStartLogoUrl(){
 return ($options->boardUrl ? $options->boardUrl : XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('full:index')) . '/';
 }
}

Salud2

You're right and it does not work.
If it does so by modifying the file library/Ragtek/NUNS/Model/Notifications.php, leaving the change to the template as proposed.

Salud2

I just removed the phrase from the message as I see no real need for that link to me inserted on a conversation or the forum thread. Maybe just for the email message would be fine

Ragtek,

I have another suggestion, if I may.. When welcome personal conversation is set to lock(not allow replys), auto leave conversation of that welcome pc. Specially because Xenforo doesn't have a mass leave conversation feature yet.

Thanks!

Ragtek,

I have another suggestion, if I may.. When welcome personal conversation is set to lock(not allow replys), auto leave conversation of that welcome pc. Specially because Xenforo doesn't have a mass leave conversation feature yet.

Thanks!
I've planed this, BUT i hadn't tested if it would work:D

Just noticed this. The character & is changed to & if used in the phrases. Could this be fixed please? :)

Just noticed this. The character & is changed to & if used in the phrases. Could this be fixed please? :)
hm, i can't confirm this in the conversation.
bug.webp

Where does this exactly happen?
In the mail? The only place where this could be is IMHO the html mail, and AFAIK you need to use & instead of & but i'm not sure...
Have to test this on monday

Hm, i've tried it now also in the mail and in the Blank Text and in the HTML the & worked as & and not as &

AAAAAAAAAAH,

This is your Board Title, or?

I think that this variables are escaped by the phrase object.
Try to include the title direct into the phrase, instead of using my variable for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom