• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ragtek Contact Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ragtek

This Add-on creates a Thread when somebody sends the contactformular, instead of sending the mail.

After you upload the library directory into your xenforo directory, you have to go into the options ->Basic Board Information. There's now a new option "Contactthread Forum ID" where you can choose your forum.

Changehistory:

use now Forumchooser Option instead an input field
now the mailadress is also shown in the thread
new option: send also the mail (this means, that the thread will be created and the admin will also get the mail)
Including IP in the message
Using a phrase for the thread.
If you want, you can customize it (Phrasename: ragtek_contactthread_message )

This add-on requires my add-on helper framework!

(Donations are welcome, if you like my add-ons and want more of this great stuff for free in the feature^^ paypal )

Attachments

This Add-on creates a Thread when somebody sends the contactformular, instead of sending the mail.

After you upload the library directory into your xenforo directory, you have to go into the options ->Basic Board Information. There's now a new option "Contactthread Forum ID".
You have to set there the Forum Id of the forum, where you want to have the new Threads created.
( anybody knows how to use an forumchooser instead of an input field? ;) )
Use the PHP Callback function. I have yet to get it to work, but there are some good examples in /library/XenForo/Options/. Use the PHP build the select menu.

Yea, that's really handy.

I use this in all my boards, because i'm admin in over 20 boards, my mail is set as the contact mail, but why should i get all this messages, when i have other admins/mods which could answer/help the user^^
So i have a "secret board" where the crew have access to it, and they can decide what to do, discuss there, etc...

Use the PHP Callback function. I have yet to get it to work, but there are some good examples in /library/XenForo/Options/. Use the PHP build the select menu.
thx,
i've seen it, but i didn't find any place in the code, where they use it, so i couldn't get it to work^^

I attempted to use it to get a drop down until I figured out it was "1 = Something 2 = something else" etc. I am still getting the hang of it, so I failed. Miserably. :)

Got it working

Just write
Code:
XenForo:option_ForumChooser::renderOption
in Format Parameters

Great little mod thanks Ragtek, am always forgetting to check the email we get those contact emails on :p.

Great work ragtek, but I'm wondering is it possible to have the contact us go into the ticket system similar to reported posts?

Very nice ragtek. Only issue I found is that when a guest submits a contact message, their email address isn't passed for chance of response to them, as the ACP contact a user can be used to then reply to a guest message by staff, all the while using a noreply email address as the boards default.

Very nice. Makes it much easier to answer people with problem with website or just general questions!

There is no Options Menu.
You have to go to the XenForo options "Basic Board Information"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom