RaceDepartment now on XenForo

site looks great.
When I was here: http://www.racedepartment.com/leagues/about.php
I was looking for a way to get back to the home page. I tried clicking
header-object.png

but that didn't work. - can you make the logo clickable and take you back to racedepartment.com ?

did you skin WP and XF to look like each other or are you using XenDynamic ?

For WP News ... I prefer categories as tags vs. the dropdown.

Do you have any login integration between WP and XF ?

That page is an old point scoring system we use and a real pain in the *** to work with. Still on the to do list as its neither XF or WP but as its based on php it might be integrated fully at some point.

WP is manually skinned to match the forum yes. Colors look similar to our old forum to make the change not to dramatic.

There is a login integration between WP and XF. Once logged in you can comment on both the site as well on the forums.

Pros
  • well organize
  • easy to navigate
  • content
Cons
  • the logo is off place
  • you need one header for both wordpress and xenforo
wish you the best bro(y)

Hey kkm, what do you mean with one header for both wordpress and xf? As far as i know both have the same header :) Only need to update the links in the navigation bar if that is what you mean?

Thanks for the feedback though :)

We are almost done now. Only three things left to do:
- add a site description widgets that explains who we are and what we do
- add proper download software for our mods
- add various items to the navigation bar on the frontpage and forums

Have a look and tell me what you think www.racedepartment.com

Our members are getting impatient now and also need a resource manager for XF. They even made a movie to explain it to the complainers its coming soon'ish :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Our members are getting impatient now and also need a resource manager for XF. They even made a movie to explain it to the complainers its coming soon'ish :)
Need or Want ?
FYI: Zero ETA on the RM.

Love your site.
What is this Calendar ?
http://www.racedepartment.com/online-racing/

It looks like you are already using Wordpress ?
Doesn't wordpress have a download addon ?

:) Nice

Yes Wordpress has various download managers but they cant beat the XF resource manager in terms of looks and user friendliness.

We have abandoned vbulletin plus the downloadsII mod of RS Jelle in November '11 and we said to ourselves that the next downloads manager will be a permanent solution. Hence the purchase of XF :)

The calendar is a Wordpress plugin that you can download here. Pretty cool and does the job perfectly :)

+1 for star trek.

The sad thing is that I know every word they are saying despite no audio.

Hello fellow XF lovers,

We have moved away from vBulletin to Xenforo last week. After a week of many hours of work, lots of coffee and hardly any sleep it's time to dump the site link here in the XF community forums:

www.racedepartment.com (wordpress integrated with xenforo)

We are a motorsport and sim racing community hanging around the web since December 2006. "Sim What?" I can hear you think. Yeah ehm this for example :)

Started like many boards on a free PHPBB forum and moved to vBulletin after a few months. During the heydays of vBulletin 3 we were extremely happy how the board performed. But ever since we have moved to vB4 in December 2009 and purchased the full suite the problems got more worse with every software upgrade eventually resulting in pages hardly loading anymore (up to a minute or more).

Now we have imported almost a million posts and over 100,000 members we can only say that things have REALLY speed up. Pages load in a second and the social features of XenForo are second to none. Loving it so far.

Will update this post once we have completely finalized the site and forums.
I love the look of the website and you have a great community. I actually sat here and read this thread about this guy getting banned from some arcade site?

Really like the integration. The red in the logo is a little too dark on the background, but the theme choice for the forums was excellent and you don't feel like they're two separate scripts.

Sounds like you need a Download in the NavBar that redirects to the download forum ?
race.department.download.webp

Preferably to the resource manager :) The RM is a central place where we can actually store all the files easily. Now the resources are scattered over many subforums throughout the board.

Also we are renting a massive server to cope with all the bandwidth we used to have. Now its like having a Ferrari 599 but we can't get out of first gear :D

Preferably to the resource manager :) The RM is a central place where we can actually store all the files easily. Now the resources are scattered over many subforums throughout the board.

Also we are renting a massive server to cope with all the bandwidth we used to have. Now its like having a Ferrari 599 but we can't get out of first gear :D

had I known it would be this long for the RM, I would have offered to let you use my Downloads Manager lol

We have given our sister site, focused on general gaming, a little make over. Both sites were operating under the same colors but users got confused so action was needed :)

Now RaceDepartment continues in blue and PlayDepartment in red. Same feel, different look, different topics.

Top Bottom