RaceDepartment now on XenForo

Hi Bram, very nice Job. ;)

Can you say something about your Rankings and Traffic?

Did you use redirection scripts?
Does the traffic drop after moving?
If yes, how long has it taken to come back?

Would be very interested in that because we are on the move too. ;-)

Can you say something about your Rankings and Traffic?

Hey Andre,

What kind of rankings do you mean exactly? PR?

We migrated in a hurry in November as our dedicated server was more or less collapsing so when we switched machines we decided to start from scratch with XF.

We only imported all the posts from vB to XF and re-opened the same day. Of course a server migration has some large impact on the visitor streams (DNS issues etc) and yes the broken links (a lot :D) affected traffic at first as well. vBSEO was always very kind to us and leaving that behind was a hard decision.

We haven't used any redirect scripts or such and in the meantime I think Google reindexed us completely in a few months time.

Good luck with the move and I am sure you will not regret is as Xenforo is ace and your members will love it after a day.

Edit: lol after checking your profile I see we have met before on vb.org. Haha still using our old vBCMS layout :D Looking good still!

Bobster are you still working on your own version of the Downloads Manager?

no, its the same as when you last seen it back in Dec. I had an offer from someone to purchase the rights for it, but the deal fell through as they decided to stay with IPB. I doubt I will put any work into it being that the RM should be available soon.

the RM should be available soon
We are hearing that since November '11 :). I am waiting until August max and if by then nothing is released we have to go and implement the back-up solution which is based around wordpress and go live in September.

So over a year on Xenforo now and with the new year approaching it was time for a small make over. New layout on the website and adjusted our XF forum to match the same look. Quite happy with the result although some minor issues need to be solved.

http://www.racedepartment.com/

The frontpage is 99% wordpress plus the bridge from xenscripts to allow people to comment with their forum account.

You have done a great job on this site Bram...well done...wouldn't mind the style myself.

The only difference I can see between the XF and Wordpress integration is you have a home icon in the menu for Wordpress but text in XF...brilliant job mate!

Just to let me XF colleagues know we have successfully switched to v1.2 with RD.

Required some major work in the last three days as our old wordpress theme wasn't responsive so purchased a new one and adjusted the forum accordingly which went smooth expect for one css bug I couldn't fix but with the awesome help of @EQnoble it's now solved.

Site (Wordpress): http://www.racedepartment.com
Forum (Xenforo): http://www.racedepartment.com/forum

To do still:
  • Usergroup styling
  • Forum icons (current set grapped from the web, suggestions very welcome)
  • Getting rid of the scroll bug on the forum
Responsiveness for the win!

Nice looking style clean and uncluttered. Really liking the header and navigation adjustments which just bring out the whole theme. Exceptional work :thumbsup:

I was going to mention the icon (node) but you are planning to change those.

Yeah but have no design talent for icons :)

The header adjustments were 90% done but just didn't feel right with a logo that didn't want to stay in position. All credits to @EQnoble for correcting that. Really happy with the end result.

Never thought I'd admit it but i am actually starting to like browsing our site with just a telephone :D

Yeah but have no design talent for icons :)

The header adjustments were 90% done but just didn't feel right with a logo that didn't want to stay in position. All credits to @EQnoble for correcting that. Really happy with the end result.

Never thought I'd admit it but i am actually starting to like browsing our site with just a telephone :D

@EQnoble is a very helpful guy and generous with his time in helping others. He helped me out on a enhancement a while back so not surprised he jumped in to help. :)

You could do the multiple variety of node icon thing? Where it's a different icon per node as this always brings out a style nicely. The modification for that can be found here if this is something you may possibly accommodate. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/rc-1-custom-node-status-icons-read-unread.10886/

I haven't checked your style out yet via mobile but will do when I grab my device from upstairs but overall, great work.

With the total amount of forums and subforums we have it will be fun creating custom icons for it, haha..

Will take your suggestion into account and see if there is somebody in our community up for that task in creating them.

Thank you (y)

Top Bottom