• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Quotes & Attachments Run Into The Advertisements In First Post

TheBigK

I've created an ad-spot in every first post, right-aligned with the text; similar to the ad in first post in vBulletin.

The only issue I'm facing is that if the first post has a quote or attachment, then the quote/attachment container runs into the advertisements. Is there a CSS trick to adjust the size of the quote or attachment container dynamically so that they keep some margin with the advertisements?

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
What template code are you using for the ad? What ad template?

Or if you post a URL showing the problem then I can troubleshoot from there.

TheBigK

What template code are you using for the ad? What ad template?

Or if you post a URL showing the problem then I can troubleshoot from there.
Thank you, Jake. I used following code in ad_message_body template -

Code:
<xen:hook name="ad_message_body" />
<xen:if is="{$post.position} == 0 AND !{$message.conversation_id}">
<div style="float: right; padding-left: 5px">
Ad content here
</div>
</xen:if>
It displays code right aligned with the text in first post. But when the first post has a 'quote', or 'attachment', then the quote holder or code holder (above) extends to the right-boundary, running into the advertisement. The normal text aligns well with the advertisement.

I don't have access to my test setup at the moment. Will try to upload screenshot in some time.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
No problems here. It must be something with your style. Ideally I need to be able to load the web page so I can work with the problem. Is the test site online?

TheBigK

No problems here. It must be something with your style. Ideally I need to be able to load the web page so I can work with the problem. Is the test site online?
Oh well, I've it on my localhost. I can put it live for some time, if needed. But here's a screenshot -

quote-runs-into-ad.png