Fixed Quoted inline attachment image flashing when deleting text

DragonByte Tech

Affected version
2.0.0 XF.Com Edition
This happens on iOS 11.2 in Safari.

When I quote a post containing an inline attachment, and delete some text I entered, the image flashes in and out of existence.

This makes it impossible to see what I’m typing (or deleting) as the editor box resizes itself to a smaller height.

Fillip

I just noticed the "Enhancement" tag - that's... wow.

If this was my project (and not as big as XF itself) I would be looking into other editors to replace Froala after seeing that, on principle if nothing else. Seeing the "enhancement" label legitimately riled me up :mad:
This added to the "let's convert HTML tags to P tags" issue Mike reported and they also labelled as an enhancement makes me worry for the usability of XF as a result of Froala bugs.

I voiced my support for getting it re-classified and fixed, for however much or little that's worth. I just hope this gets fixed before you end up spending too much time closing duplicates of these two threads...

Fillip

That'd be a little bit hasty to say the least :)

It's a fantastic editor and in relative infancy to some of the others and they do get issues (even ones marked as enhancements) resolved fairly quickly. They've also been receptive to other suggestions or direct support questions (not posted through GitHub).

I've not really got anything to back this up, but I suspect we've quite increased their end user count since rolling it out with XenForo 2.0, so we're naturally going to be finding some additional bugs. We're not really concerned at this point.

Besides, this particular issue only affects iOS so I'm certain there will be some aspect of it being a browser issue.

It's a fantastic editor and in relative infancy to some of the others and they do get issues (even ones marked as enhancements) resolved fairly quickly. They've also been receptive to other suggestions or direct support questions (not posted through GitHub).

I've not really got anything to back this up, but I suspect we've quite increased their end user count since rolling it out with XenForo 2.0, so we're naturally going to be finding some additional bugs. We're not really concerned at this point.
I do agree with you that it is quite a nice and slim editor, especially in terms of performance when it comes to loading. I've never actually noticed any elements needing to load, unlike certain other editors that are in use by certain other forum software :P

I'm glad to hear they're receptive to enhancements, and I hope they give your enhancements a bit more priority internally since you are, after all, a big company and not just some random person making a website :P

Fillip

Wasn’t posted as a bug report though, is my point. We did go through as much feedback as humanly possible but one thing we did do was fix and resolve every single proper bug report.

Long story short, if you felt it was a significant enough bug, then it should have been posted in the correct forum.

Any updates on this one? The performance of the editor on iOS is not at all good, and in many circumstances with images it is almost unusable.

It looks like a Froala have applied a fix for this in their next release. Once that is released, we'll include it in XF as soon as practically possible and close this report.

I'm still getting this issue on an XF 2.06a install. Is there any way to check whether I've got the correct version of Froola?

Top Bottom