Fixed quote in android

Adam Howard

Quoting in android will cause the screen to jump to the top of the page. Using jelly bean, current and stock browser if that helps.

Quoting in android will cause the screen to jump to the top of the page. Using jelly bean, current and stock browser if that helps.

Confirmed here. FWIW, using the stock AOSP Browser (on Android 4.1.4), I am seeing the same issues. Not only quoting, but also simply clicking on the editor form field would make the screen jump to the top of the page.

Other Android browsers I tested, including Chrome and Firefox, are not affected by this.

Confirmed here. FWIW, using the stock AOSP Browser (on Android 4.1.4), I am seeing the same issues. Not only quoting, but also simply clicking on the editor form field would make the screen jump to the top of the page.

Other Android browsers I tested, including Chrome and Firefox, are not affected by this.
The editor jump only happens on quick reply, not when making a new thread... That I can tell so far.

Quick edit...ie... edit on overlay too

I was able to trigger this with TinyMCE. It seems to be related to the keyboard coming up, so I've got a workaround.

I do notice a slightly odd thing with keyboard auto complete when the editor gets focused this way, but I'm not sure if I can do anything about that. The behavior differs between the Jellybean keyboard and SwiftKey, for example.

I was able to trigger this with TinyMCE. It seems to be related to the keyboard coming up, so I've got a workaround.

Confirmed to be working here. Clicking on the reply box will make the keyboard come up, but not the screen jump anymore. Typing in the reply box works too. Leaving the reply box (press Android back button) though still makes the screen jump up. Not so much a biggie I suppose.

I do notice a slightly odd thing with keyboard auto complete when the editor gets focused this way, but I'm not sure if I can do anything about that. The behavior differs between the Jellybean keyboard and SwiftKey, for example.

SwiftKey is special too, I remember. It didn't work with Firefox for a while (displayed every pressed key twice), until they released a fix much later. I use Swype, but for the tests above, reverted back to the stock AOSP Jellybean keyboard.

Top Bottom