XF 1.4 QuickNav Order

Grizzly Adam

What sets the order of the quicknav bar on devices and how do I make it consistent across all platforms? I want New Posts & Watched Threads to be the first two items listed on all devices, especially mobile devices, to keep them accessible to everyone on every device. Right now it seems to be a crapshoot on what links each device shows.

android.webp desktop.webp iphone5c.webp iphone6.webp

The links on the right hand side are considered to be the most "important".

As the available display width reduces, the links from the left hand side are hidden first.

Ideally, the Ignored Threads and Ignored Forums links would be on the left hand side, rather than the right.

The links on the right hand side are considered to be the most "important".

As the available display width reduces, the links from the left hand side are hidden first.

Ideally, the Ignored Threads and Ignored Forums links would be on the left hand side, rather than the right.
But as you can see from my screenshots, different devices load them different. If it always showed the ones on the right first, I would have already moved the high priority links there.

I can see from the screenshots that every time the display gets narrower, the links from the left disappear first, leaving the links on the right.

The order is (from left to right):
  • Mark Read
  • Watched Forums
  • Watched Threads
  • Ignored Threads
  • Ignored Forums
On the widest displays all of them will display. (Second screenshot).
As the display gets narrower, the Mark Read and Watched Forums link goes first. (Third screenshot).
Narrower still and you lose the Watched Threads link. (First screenshot).
Even narrower and you lose all but the Ignored links. (Final screenshot).

So, move the Ignored links to the left and you'll find the Watched Threads and New Posts links disappear last, solving the problem.

Top Bottom