Fixed  quick reply editor disappears..

Mikey

I load a thread at random, and sometimes the quick reply editor is not there. reloads don't fix it, and once it happens to one thread, I wont see the quick reply editor on that thread again.

video;
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Does this happen only on your site or here on Xenforo.com also?

If only on your site, do you have any additional javascript installed as part of the style? Any add-ons?
Can you make a new default theme and test it then?

If it happens here and on your site then it's likely a browser issue. You could try clearing the cache and reloading the javascript.

might be relevant. but i see the same result on opera with javascript disabled. this has been happening for a while now. so i believe that the JS code is not running properly on these loads.

This is a screenshot from Opera 11 (stable) with JS disabled.

Earlier I thought this was a bug in Opera alpha/beta releases.

Does this happen only on your site or here on Xenforo.com also?

If only on your site, do you have any additional javascript installed as part of the style? Any add-ons?
Can you make a new default theme and test it then?

If it happens here and on your site then it's likely a browser issue. You could try clearing the cache and reloading the javascript.
It's only happened on my site so far. I don't have any additional javascript as part of the style, I had modifications installed but they are all disabled.

Regarding the original issue, I have recently made some checks that detects failure to load the WYSIWYG editor and should allow it to show the regular textbox in that case. (I'm presuming a ctrl+f5 can fix it.) I believe I made these changes after beta 5 though, but this issue should be resolved I think.

This is a screenshot from Opera 11 (stable) with JS disabled.

Earlier I thought this was a bug in Opera alpha/beta releases.
That is actually an Opera 11 bug: http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blo...ing-improvements?startidx=100#comment49221652

Regarding the original issue, I have recently made some checks that detects failure to load the WYSIWYG editor and should allow it to show the regular textbox in that case. (I'm presuming a ctrl+f5 can fix it.) I believe I made these changes after beta 5 though, but this issue should be resolved I think.

Nope, same issue, upgraded to beta 6.

2011-01-14-11h56_25.png

I can provide you with an admin account, if you like, if you want to check if it's something in my templates or something?

Top Bottom