Quick Reply Background Colour Not Working for Some Members?

Static-Xbox

Sadly I don't have an image to show this, as I can't recreate the problem; however, a couple of members are telling me that the quick reply box, which I customized using the classes defined in a thread by Brogan (can't locate it atm, but yeah...that one...), is showing up as white rather than the dark colour it should be (it's a dark style, so a white editor is, obviously, not good). I cannot replicate this issue myself, but they are saying that it shows up in the proper colour, then when trying to use the editor it suddenly turns white. I don't have any add-ons installed except for TMS, and the only template customized is EXTRA.css, which only has the information related to the Quick Reply box.

Has anyone experienced this problem, and if so, is there a way to fix it?

Thanks!

Sadly I don't have an image to show this, as I can't recreate the problem; however, a couple of members are telling me that the quick reply box, which I customized using the classes defined in a thread by Brogan (can't locate it atm, but yeah...that one...), is showing up as white rather than the dark colour it should be (it's a dark style, so a white editor is, obviously, not good). I cannot replicate this issue myself, but they are saying that it shows up in the proper colour, then when trying to use the editor it suddenly turns white. I don't have any add-ons installed except for TMS, and the only template customized is EXTRA.css, which only has the information related to the Quick Reply box.

Has anyone experienced this problem, and if so, is there a way to fix it?

Thanks!

Link to forum/style? I have a good idea and it might be you need to go into the style properties and set the background colour in Appearance >> Style Properties >> Message Layout >> Rich Text Editor Content & setting the background-color.

Hi Shelley,

Thanks for replying! The Rich Text Editor Content is actually set to the correct background colour, which I definitely double-checked before posting (checked again, definitely set properly). The test environment where the style is being worked on is http://gates.gadgetverse.net/xf if that helps any (advanced warning: it's very purple!).

Hi Shelley,

Thanks for replying! The Rich Text Editor Content is actually set to the correct background colour, which I definitely double-checked before posting (checked again, definitely set properly). The test environment where the style is being worked on is http://gates.gadgetverse.net/xf if that helps any (advanced warning: it's very purple!).

I've just checked in Firefox, IE9 & chrome and all looks fine, no white appearing at all. Did you happen to ask them which browser the issue were occurring in?

Edit: when you reload a page the white briefly shows for a split second but then it does on every other modified editor (quickreply I seen) before the colour the admin has put shows up, but the white is shown for a split second if they're referring to this.

Both are using FireFox. I only got a single email from one user letting me know of the problem, so no real help there, but the other is saying that when she clicks on the quick reply box it changes from the proper colour to the white, and since the text is still the standard colour, it makes it impossible to see what she's typing. I have not been able to recreate this problem, and I haven't the slightest clue what would be triggering it, as I use FireFox and/or Nightly on a daily basis and haven't had any issues.

Both are using FireFox. I only got a single email from one user letting me know of the problem, so no real help there, but the other is saying that when she clicks on the quick reply box it changes from the proper colour to the white, and since the text is still the standard colour, it makes it impossible to see what she's typing. I have not been able to recreate this problem, and I haven't the slightest clue what would be triggering it, as I use FireFox and/or Nightly on a daily basis and haven't had any issues.

Just tested it again and no problems whatsoever. Added text into quick reply and it still retains the custom colour you applied. I'd ask those with the issues what version of firefox they are using and simply leave a note stating you'll look into it. But if your not getting a number of reports it says in itself other people are not experiencing this issue.

Found the issue. If you go to quick reply, then click the more options button and then click the icon "Use BB code editor" (far right) it's the double a icon you will see the background white when you click in the text area. Perhaps this is what they mean?

Haven't tested this but try adding the following in EXTRA.CSS template (where I put red you should put the purple colour or other colour you want) the white only appears once the person clicks in the text area.

Code:
.xenForm .ctrlUnit.fullWidth dd .bbCodeEditorContainer textarea {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 red !important;}

I'm not sure if they're using the BBCode editor, but it's definitely worth a try! The code you provided does get rid of the white that pops up using the BBCode editor, so hopefully this is the issue these members were referring to, as I can't see what else could cause it!

Thanks Shelley, this has been a particularly irritating issue (I just hope this is indeed the issue!) :D.

All fixed!

I'm not sure if they're using the BBCode editor, but it's definitely worth a try! The code you provided does get rid of the white that pops up using the BBCode editor, so hopefully this is the issue these members were referring to, as I can't see what else could cause it!

Thanks Shelley, this has been a particularly irritating issue (I just hope this is indeed the issue!) :D.

You're welcome. I recently designed a dark style and the same occurred on my style so it fixed the issue on my style. :D But yeah, i can't see anywhere else they could be having that issue so hopefully that was it.

Top Bottom