Lack of interest Quick registration

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Have to agree with Dakota.

I think this seems more like a add-on feature than something that should be implemented in the core.

As @Dakota Storm mentions.. your method will blow any extra fields input out of the water. I know that I and others use the extra fields for various functions. I myself use them to base promotions on depending on the response. Those promotions grant access to certain areas of the site - and a "quick login" like you use as an example would bypass that.

Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 12.51.40 AM.webp

In your example, how would you address that (if at all)?

As @Dakota Storm mentions.. your method will blow any extra fields input out of the water. I know that I and others use the extra fields for various functions. I myself use them to base promotions on depending on the response. Those promotions grant access to certain areas of the site - and a "quick login" like you use as an example would bypass that.

View attachment 133778

In your example, how would you address that (if at all)?
like are doing all the social platform out there! asking to complete the profile after the registration to get the complete access to the website.
so you get the user registered fast without losing he/she

like are doing all the social platform out there! asking to complete the profile after the registration to get the complete access to the website.
No. On examples like Tracy's it needs to be done during registration SL they are immediately placed in to the relevant groups once registration is complete.

In my case, it also has to be done during registration, so that I know whether or not they are supposed to be on my site.

I agree.
Most modern sites ask to complete profile after registration.

The point is, some of those fields are NOT optional... they are mandatory (notice the REQUIRED" tag on them). And since they are required, it would necessitate them being immediately kicked into a screen to complete it prior to entry into the site - so, you gain nothing.
Making it so that it can be "completed later" invalidates the required aspect of it.

I agree.
Most modern sites ask to complete profile after registration.
Ahhh.. but those are NOT profile related selections. They are there because they perform automated functions granting access (read promotions).

so and add-on is needed to make them mandatory only after the registration is complete ;)
Why depend on an add-on when it's not needed. The function is there to gather the data at registration.
By making the "quick registration" ability, that function would need to be internal - so, again explain to me what you gain by making them do the mandatory fields after they sign up compared to during (besides possibly slowing down the promotion(s) it grants)?

I agree with @rafass suggestion

I dont see why it has to be a problem for those who want what exists now. If the default is kept as is and the administrator is given the option to "allow Quick Registration", then it will not cause problems for people who need the current way of registering.

Top Bottom