1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick registration

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by rafass, Apr 26, 2016.

1. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    sami simo likes this.
  2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

3. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

Mine is more cool xd
  4. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

5. Dakota Storm

Dakota Storm Well-Known Member

It's pretty much pointless.
    As it is, it takes all of 30 seconds to register already.
    Amaury likes this.
  6. Dakota Storm

Also, what about those people that have custom profile fields embedded in the registration pages?
    Alex - A2Hosting likes this.
  7. Alex - A2Hosting

Alex - A2Hosting Active Member

Have to agree with Dakota.

I think this seems more like a add-on feature than something that should be implemented in the core.
  8. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

As @Dakota Storm mentions.. your method will blow any extra fields input out of the water. I know that I and others use the extra fields for various functions. I myself use them to base promotions on depending on the response. Those promotions grant access to certain areas of the site - and a "quick login" like you use as an example would bypass that.

Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 12.51.40 AM.png

In your example, how would you address that (if at all)?
  9. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

like are doing all the social platform out there! asking to complete the profile after the registration to get the complete access to the website.
    so you get the user registered fast without losing he/she
    AzzidReign and sami simo like this.
  10. Dakota Storm

No. On examples like Tracy's it needs to be done during registration SL they are immediately placed in to the relevant groups once registration is complete.

In my case, it also has to be done during registration, so that I know whether or not they are supposed to be on my site.
  11. sami simo

sami simo Well-Known Member

I agree.
    Most modern sites ask to complete profile after registration.
  12. Tracy Perry

The point is, some of those fields are NOT optional... they are mandatory (notice the REQUIRED" tag on them). And since they are required, it would necessitate them being immediately kicked into a screen to complete it prior to entry into the site - so, you gain nothing.
    Making it so that it can be "completed later" invalidates the required aspect of it.

Ahhh.. but those are NOT profile related selections. They are there because they perform automated functions granting access (read promotions).
  13. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

14. Dakota Storm

15. Tracy Perry

Why depend on an add-on when it's not needed. The function is there to gather the data at registration.
    By making the "quick registration" ability, that function would need to be internal - so, again explain to me what you gain by making them do the mandatory fields after they sign up compared to during (besides possibly slowing down the promotion(s) it grants)?
  16. vij

vij Active Member

I agree with @rafass suggestion

I dont see why it has to be a problem for those who want what exists now. If the default is kept as is and the administrator is given the option to "allow Quick Registration", then it will not cause problems for people who need the current way of registering.