Resource icon

Quick Account Switch 1.4 RC2.

No permission to download
  • Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

ragtek submitted a new resource:

Quick Account Switch (version 1.4) - This modification gives users the ability to easily switch between linked accounts

With this add-on your users can link to other accounts(e.g. couples using different accounts on the same forum, or for authors using an universal news account for the news....)

You can also allow your users, to see who linked to there account.
View attachment 31236

In the Style Properties, you can define if it should be shown inside the Account Popup or as own tab
View attachment 31234

Permissions:
View attachment 31235

Since 1.4 it's also possible, to don't need the user...

Read more about this resource...

It sounds cool. Why did you create a new resource ? Is the old plugin not upgradable to this one ?

Well, even with the permission set on allowing account without password, it still shows me the password field.

And If I add a user without filling the password field, it adds a blank user.

Yes, you're right, 2 templates were needed to be reverted. I did not think about that since it's the first time It happens after installing/upgrading an add-on.

It seems to be okay now. You should add a note about it.

EDIT : It gives me a blank page if I try to link the same account as the one I'm connected. Stupid try, yes, but you should handle such case.

EDIT : You should add an option to choose the behavior of whether the link to go to the original account should be the first account, or the last one. Because you could connect on user2, then from user2 to user3. And the link to back to go the original account is the last account connected, here user2. I would prefer the first, so user1, since it will be most of time the admin account.

EDIT : It gives me a blank page if I try to link the same account as the one I'm connected. Stupid try, yes, but you should handle such case.
Fixed for next release (i've improved the whole validation process, but it wasn't merged into the build:( still learning to work with git^^)

linked2.webp
linked1.webp

And, what also will be changed are the phrases...
I've mixed associated & linked too often:(

Whats better?

EDIT : You should add an option to choose the behavior of whether the link to go to the original account should be the first account, or the last one. Because you could connect on user2, then from user2 to user3. And the link to back to go the original account is the last account connected, here user2. I would prefer the first, so user1, since it will be most of time the admin account.
Sorry, i don't understand what you're requesting:(

ragtek updated Quick Account Switch with a new update entry:

Quick Account Switch

Changehistory:

Changed some phrases to use everywhere "link & linked account" instead of mixing link/linked/associated

Included an ajax validator, which will show an error in the form, if the user isn't able to link to the user
View attachment 31264
View attachment 31265
Fixed a bug, which was causing a white page/errorpage in debugmode, if the user tried to link to himself

Read the rest of this update entry...

Anyway to force accounts linking to staff accounts to have to supply their password? Otherwise anyone with a grudge against the staff (eg, they got a warning) could access their account and change their access abilities by changing passwords/emails and such. Or worse - could fiddle with the board settings.

So, whats happening with this add on? Is it unmaintained? It sounded cool, but after reading the above comments, I wanted to know if it will be ready for 1.5.

The author of the resource requested their account be deleted a long time ago.
I have marked it as unmaintained.

Top Bottom