Account Switch

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I'm sure many of you also use a dedicated "News Account"/"Admin Account" or similar for posting announcements or similar on your site seperately from your "Personal Account"

Would be nice to have a way to log into multiple accounts, and then a quick switch button, to quickly flick between the accounts as required.

Also makes for a great way to have multiple accounts with different permissons, to check if updates or permissions changes take effect correctly.

Upvote 17
I use it exactly for the reasons posted for the suggestion - so I can quickly switch between different accounts.
I never have to log in or out, just click on the icon in the top left of the browser and choose the profile.
The bookmarks, open pages and logins are preserved between profiles so it's one click and done.

Yea, its an option, but, as has been proven by the replies in this thread, not everyone uses Chrome.

I couldn't seem to locate them in firefox.

The firefox system is horrendous, and not even worth mentioning.

Anyway, this isn't a suggestion of "What browser to use to allow quick switching of accounts"... this is a suggestion to add a quality feature which doesn't rely on the end user having to download and install a different browser to use.

I'm sure many of you also use a dedicated "News Account"/"Admin Account" or similar for posting announcements or similar on your site seperately from your "Personal Account"

Would be nice to have a way to log into multiple accounts, and then a quick switch button, to quickly flick between the accounts as required.

Also makes for a great way to have multiple accounts with different permissons, to check if updates or permissions changes take effect correctly.

Great idea. I currently use IE to admin and FF to interact with my members.

Top Bottom