1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained Quick Account Switch 1.4 RC2.

This modification gives users the ability to easily switch between linked accounts

1. ragtek

ragtek Guest

ragtek submitted a new resource:

Quick Account Switch (version 1.4) - This modification gives users the ability to easily switch between linked accounts

Read more about this resource...

yavuz likes this.
  2. Arkshine

Arkshine Active Member

It sounds cool. Why did you create a new resource ? Is the old plugin not upgradable to this one ?

3. ragtek

ragtek Guest

yavuz likes this.
  4. Arkshine

Arkshine Active Member

Well, even with the permission set on allowing account without password, it still shows me the password field.

And If I add a user without filling the password field, it adds a blank user.

1 person likes this.
  5. ragtek

ragtek Guest

did you upload all the new files? and was the template ragtek_qus_form reverted?
    Does it look like https://github.com/ragtek/QUS/blob/master/Dev/templates/ragtek_qus_form.html

6. ragtek

ragtek Guest

jeezz, that's a bug:(

7. ragtek

ragtek Guest

8. Arkshine

Arkshine Active Member

Yes, you're right, 2 templates were needed to be reverted. I did not think about that since it's the first time It happens after installing/upgrading an add-on.

It seems to be okay now. You should add a note about it.

EDIT : It gives me a blank page if I try to link the same account as the one I'm connected. Stupid try, yes, but you should handle such case.

EDIT : You should add an option to choose the behavior of whether the link to go to the original account should be the first account, or the last one. Because you could connect on user2, then from user2 to user3. And the link to back to go the original account is the last account connected, here user2. I would prefer the first, so user1, since it will be most of time the admin account.

9. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Fixed for next release (i've improved the whole validation process, but it wasn't merged into the build:( still learning to work with git^^)

linked2.PNG
    linked1.PNG

And, what also will be changed are the phrases...
    I've mixed associated & linked too often:(

Whats better?

Sorry, i don't understand what you're requesting:(

10. ragtek

ragtek Guest

ragtek updated Quick Account Switch with a new update entry:

Quick Account Switch

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. Gabriel Pinho

Gabriel Pinho Member

If i ban a account all linked will be ban too?

12. ragtek

ragtek Guest

no

13. Gabriel Pinho

Gabriel Pinho Member

Are you thinking in implement it?

14. Drae

Drae Active Member

Anyway to force accounts linking to staff accounts to have to supply their password? Otherwise anyone with a grudge against the staff (eg, they got a warning) could access their account and change their access abilities by changing passwords/emails and such. Or worse - could fiddle with the board settings.

15. Valter

Valter Active Member

Is this product discontinued?

Anyone knows what happened to ragtek?

16. Bethk84

Bethk84 Member

So, whats happening with this add on? Is it unmaintained? It sounded cool, but after reading the above comments, I wanted to know if it will be ready for 1.5.

17. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The author of the resource requested their account be deleted a long time ago.
    I have marked it as unmaintained.

18. Delazar

Delazar Member

under 1.5 , it works without problems