1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Colcaoo, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Colcaoo

Colcaoo New Member

Im sorry for my noob questions

If i buy the XenForo License$140 i will not have to pay more than that? like monthly? is just 1 time pay? paying that i would get my forum?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's a lifetime license.

Annual support and updates currently cost $40 after the first year.

3. Colcaoo

Colcaoo New Member

But what i download is a software for creating a forum or i can create it online? what's the differences between vbulletin and xenforo?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You will require hosting and a domain (URL) to install XenForo and make it publicly available.

It is similar to vB, IPB, PhpBB, etc. in that regard.

5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

The software contains the forum. You'll need your own hosting, though.

XenForo is better and more secure.

6. Colcaoo

Colcaoo New Member

What exactly the 40$ supports includes?

7. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

https://xenforo.com/purchase/

8. Colcaoo

Colcaoo New Member

Is better and more secure? But can you specify why is better and the vulnerabilities of vbulletin?

9. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Out of the time XenForo has existed, there has only ever been one security vulnerability, but that was with one of XenForo's official add-ons, not the software itself. It has since been patched.

10. Jeremy

Jeremy Well-Known Member

Amaury likes this.
  11. Colcaoo

Colcaoo New Member

haha you guys are talking me in Chinese sorry. I would also want my forum to have gifs not this faces... :rolleyes::ROFLMAO::love:(y)(y), can it be donne? or have to pay more?

12. Jeremy

Jeremy Well-Known Member

You can define your own smilies in the ACP.

13. dawg

dawg Well-Known Member

I can tell you one aspect that is not secure in vBulletin compared to Xenforo. It's the add ons. Add ons cause security flaws in vBulletin, i know this to be 100% correct because my vBulletin forum was hacked through an add on. I will not go into it because it's ancient history now but Xenforo is indeed more secure.

14. davb

davb Member

Whether secure or not, If you want to have a forum. In the end you have to choose one forum software. Comparing many aspects xenforo is the best. Even price wise, Design wise.

people will always try to find a way to penetrate your system. There is no forum you can find 100% secure.

I choose xenforo coz it outsmarted many forum softwares.