XF 1.5 Questions on User Group Promotions?

Daphonic

I use a Discord Integration, and on our Site, I added User Group Promotions based on Time with in the Community.

5 Ranks, 1 New, 5 being in the Community for a Year. What I want to happen is when Member hits 1 year, They are Promote to This Rank 5, but they are also still in Ranks 1-4. How can I make it so when they hit this Rank 5 Promotions, it will remove the 4 Before it?

For standard XF promotion behaviour, check the 'User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups:' to prevent it running when the member is in a specific user group.

I have it set like this.

Rank 1 - 1 month
Rank 2 - 3 months

When they get Rank 2 it doesn't remove Rank 1.

If I set user is NOT member of that rank? How does that fix it? Will it remove rank 1 when they go to rank 2?

If you set not a member of rank 2 for the rank 1 promotion, yes.

You will also have to select rank 3, 4, and 5 for the rank 1 promotion, and so on for the others.

Ok this still isn't working.

This is how I have it Set up.

Initiate - User Just Signed up
Verified Member - User Completed 100% Their Profile. This Promotion doesn't work yet ether
Rank 1 - 1 Day
Rank 2 - 1 Month
Rank 3 - 3 Months
Rank 4 - 6 Months
Rank 5 - 1 year.

What I want to happen is this.

When they hit that time on site, they Rank up. So when They move up to Rank 2, I want Rank 1 Removed. Moved up to Rank 3, Rank 2 Removed. Is this Possible?

Yes it's possible.

For rank 1, you set it so they are not a member of rank 2.
For rank 2, you set it so they are not a member of rank 3.
And so on.

A user gets promoted to rank 1.
Later the user gets promoted to rank 2. Once in rank 2, they no longer meet the criteria for rank 1 and so are removed from rank 1.
Later the user gets promoted to rank 3. Once in rank 3, they no longer meet the criteria for rank 2 and so are removed from rank 2.
And so on.

Yes it's possible.

For rank 1, you set it so they are not a member of rank 2.
For rank 2, you set it so they are not a member of rank 3.
And so on.

A user gets promoted to rank 1.
Later the user gets promoted to rank 2. Once in rank 2, they no longer meet the criteria for rank 1 and so are removed from rank 1.
Later the user gets promoted to rank 3. Once in rank 3, they no longer meet the criteria for rank 2 and so are removed from rank 2.
And so on.

This does not work. I'm using .
upload_2017-6-23_19-6-29.webp
This is for Rank 2. So Rank 3 is 90 days, They still keep Rank 2, due to them being registered ATLEAST X days..

Criteria are AND, not OR. Members must meet ALL criteria to be in a group. So if the criteria are registered for at least 30 days and not a member of rank 3 then (assuming they are in rank 3) they will be removed from rank 2.

In addition, promotions only apply to recently active members (for performance reasons). For members who haven't been active recently any promotions will be applied when they next log in.

Rebuild the user group promotions cache in the ACP (use the search to find it) to apply the promotions to everyone now.

That criteria is from an add-on. It may be the add-on that's causing the issue if after all of the above it's still not working, in which case you will have to seek support in the add-on thread.

Top Bottom