I am running a IPB forum (Spare me your pitty!)
I'm prepared to lose my galleries to get over to Xenforo. I had a super busy site with vB4 (No really i did!) and then i moved to IPB, people struggled to use it, it broke alot, and my search results dropped massively. Now i want it all back
I have paying membership currently which is optional, and people actually pay too, and i will probably lose this if i move to Xenforo but i'm willing to take that risk.
Here's my questions
1) I have paying membership, people are in a additional membership group. Will they stay in this group if i import to Xenforo? I've played with the demo and seen you can do paid memberships, i really don't want to have to add everyone by hand
2) Anything that i should be aware of losing if i move over? I know i lose my gallery, chatroom etc. Any basic forum features i might lose, that i will not have thought of? For example, i've seen someone say somewhere you can't see who edited a post (might be changed now). That kind of thing.
3) Suggestion of a replacement for a chatroom?
4) Is there a direct support method here? With IPB if i have a problem, i submit a ticket and they fix it for me. It's normally worth the upgrade fee alone.
5) Addons, the ones released here, does every single one, work with Xenforo right now? For example, i know with vBulletin certain releases would break an addon until it was updated. Is this the same with Xenforo right now, or does everything work fine? From the vBulletin days i have this bad habit of seeing an addon thats a few months old, and assuming it doesn't work anymore
6) I have a VPS cloud hosting package, IPB is eating at resources. Does anyone have any tips of how to see what resources my site uses? I would love to do some before/after comparisons of server usage, and visitor/seo changes.
That's all i can think of for now, thank you for your time