XF 2.1 Questions from an XF Newbie

JoelR

Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new to the XF ecosystem but I'm thinking of jumping off the deep end (so help me Lord LOL), and I'm wondering if any of you lovely peeps can help me answer the following questions:

1. Usergroup permissions / subscriptions based on access to Resources? For example, registered members can download X resources per day, but VIP members can download Y resources per day.

2. Email piping? For example, members respond via email, it posts the reply on the forum thread.

3. Third-party resources for any of the following (recommendations are welcome!):
Homepage
Email or Notification Drip Campaign
Duplicate Member Logger
Auto Welcome and / or New Member Tour
Mail Bouncer

Thank you in advance!!

I'll try to answer this as best as possible:

1) Not sure? this would be under the resources permissions within the usergroup setting if it's available.
2) This might be possible via an add-on?
3) There are addons that achieve this, browse the resource area.
4) This can be achieved within the admin CP via a welcome PM in the settings.
5) Mail bouncing i believe is also achievable in the email settings in the admin panel out of the box?

Homepage options - Xen Porta 2 Pro - This is what my site uses, it's pretty good.
Another homepage option
Featured threads/articles portal by THemehouse

Email or notification drip campaign - Not sure what this is?

Duplicate member logger - There are plenty of add-ons to achieve this

That's still not possible - the ability to view the entire resource requires the download permission.

Unless you change the global option here:

1594581223358.png

That only applies to resources without files to download though, so you should be okay considering you are asking about downloading.

Top Bottom