XF 1.5 Questions about using an SVG logo

jauburn

Long on my to-do list has been to convert my logo to svg because the bitmap png logo obviously looks unsightly when scaled up in browsers, etc. A few questions:

1. Why isn't the xenForo logo in svg? Is png to be preferred for some reason, despite the format's limitations today?

2. How do I replace the bitmap logo with an svg? Is it simply a matter of uploading the svg file and replacing the png filename with the svg one? Will xenForo display it correctly?

3. To create the svg logo, can I simply pull up the original artwork in Illustrator and "save to" svg?

Any answers to the questions above or tips from those who have done this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm using the UI.X theme and there my SVG logo shows up just fine. Just point to your svg logo, like /styles/default/xenforo/logo.svg and it will show up.

Be sure to fill out the maximum width in pixels and your SVG logo will resize! (I tried it and the width of the logo only can be set in my UI.X theme, so you will have to do it manually in the default style).

I also replaced the smilies with SVG and that works also very well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom