Questions About Resources Manager

TheBigK

I've a few questions about Resource Manger -
  1. Will we be able to run multiple instances of resource manager viz. /resources/ , /downloads/ , /products/ . I know this might look stupid; but I'm already thinking of innovative ways this thing can be used. Of course, each instance will have its own categories.
  2. Why do the discussions link to thread pages? Can the discussion be 'limited' to the specific resource (meaning, comments look like what we have on profile pages)?
  3. Will we be able to customise the path at which resource manager resides? What if I want to access it on /products/ and not on /resources/ ?
Awaiting answers, thanks! :)

1. Only one instance can be run.

2. Discussions link to forum threads but you can disable this.

3. No, not without an add-on. or changing the core files.

I've a few questions about Resource Manger -
  1. Will we be able to run multiple instances of resource manager viz. /resources/ , /downloads/ , /products/ . I know this might look stupid; but I'm already thinking of innovative ways this thing can be used. Of course, each instance will have its own categories.
  2. Why do the discussions link to thread pages? Can the discussion be 'limited' to the specific resource (meaning, comments look like what we have on profile pages)?
  3. Will we be able to customise the path at which resource manager resides? What if I want to access it on /products/ and not on /resources/ ?
Awaiting answers, thanks! :)

1) I would imagine much like the XenForo license, 1 license means 1 install. I guess you could use some clever usage of the route changer addon to do what you want.

2) Having it linked to a discussion is optional, not a requirement :) You can just use the comments only if you want.

3) Again, probably using the route changer, its not a default option.

Thanks Brogan. Wouldn't it be nice to have ability to run multiple instances? :D I can go quite innovative with use. Is there any specific reason discussions are linked to thread? Why not have profile comments like discussions on resources manager?

The routes are fixed in the code, which is mainly why you can't have more than one instance.
It's not that flexible.

See above, disable thread creation and just allow review comments.
They are two separate things.

Top Bottom