Questions about members signing in?

wickedstangs

Usually, I get members that have users name that coincidence with what the forum is about?

Like my site is about mustangs
Members users names usally are:
1fastmustang
wickedstangs
and so on.

Lately I have been getting members with full names
Dell Campbell
Alejandro Grijalva
James Norman
Jeff Freeman

Kinda makes me seem like it is spam.. They have not posted yet. Or do I have something wrong where its not asking them for a username?

I suspect they have registered via Facebook and haven't changed their user name when signing up.

Not many people realise you can actually change your username before submitting the registration request.

Usually, I get members that have users name that coincidence with what the forum is about?

Like my site is about mustangs
Members users names usally are:
1fastmustang
wickedstangs
and so on.

Lately I have been getting members with full names
Dell Campbell
Alejandro Grijalva
James Norman
Jeff Freeman

Kinda makes me seem like it is spam.. They have not posted yet. Or do I have something wrong where its not asking them for a username?
I have the exact same thing happening on all my XF forums.. and i don't have facebook connect enabled.. I personally believe it has to do with the phrase on the registration page, that asks for a Name opposed to a User Name. Actually im sure this is the root of the problem because i frequently get PM's asking if i can change their real names for a unique user name.
Capture_02262011_102634.webp

I have the exact same thing happening on all my XF forums.. and i don't have facebook connect enabled.. I personally believe it has to do with the phrase on the registration page, that asks for a Name opposed to a User Name. Actually im sure this is the root of the problem because i frequently get PM's asking if i can change their real names for a unique user name.
View attachment 11655
Same for me as well. I changed the following 2 phrases:

name_or_email
“User name or Email” default is “Name or Email”

your_name_or_email_address
“Your user name or email address” default is “Your name or email address”

Top Bottom