1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about members signing in?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by wickedstangs, Feb 26, 2011.

1. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

Usually, I get members that have users name that coincidence with what the forum is about?

Like my site is about mustangs
    Members users names usally are:
    and so on.

Lately I have been getting members with full names
    Dell Campbell
    Alejandro Grijalva
    James Norman
    Jeff Freeman

Kinda makes me seem like it is spam.. They have not posted yet. Or do I have something wrong where its not asking them for a username?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I suspect they have registered via Facebook and haven't changed their user name when signing up.

Not many people realise you can actually change your username before submitting the registration request.
  3. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

I have the exact same thing happening on all my XF forums.. and i don't have facebook connect enabled.. I personally believe it has to do with the phrase on the registration page, that asks for a Name opposed to a User Name. Actually im sure this is the root of the problem because i frequently get PM's asking if i can change their real names for a unique user name.
    Dean likes this.
  4. wickedstangs

Are they logging in my site using Facebook option?
  5. Brogan

Or as VonDoom posted above, they could just be entering their real name.
  6. wickedstangs

ok, let me get this right. So when they click on the Login with Facebook option they really don't have to register on the site?
  7. Brogan

When they click on Login with Facebook the first time, they are actually registering on your site.
    wickedstangs likes this.
  8. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Same for me as well. I changed the following 2 phrases:

“User name or Email” default is “Name or Email”

“Your user name or email address” default is “Your name or email address”
    erich37 likes this.