XF 1.4 Questions about email and bouncing emails on Xenforo

surfsup

1. When someone fills out the contact form, we receive the email but when we reply it actually just replies to us. We have to find their email then create a new email to send them back an email. We are using Google apps btw, not sure if that matters or not.

2. Bounce emails:

Im not exactly sure of what I should be putting for the bounce email, automated bounce handler etc. - It seems that a few emails keeps coming back to us bouncing non stop and want to put a stop to that.

Do I need to create a brand new email address for this?

Or do I just use the same email info as we use to send messages out?

1. I'm using Google Apps and replies go to the person who filled in the forum (just tested both as a logged in member and as a guest). However, I did have this problem previously. In the ACP, search for Sender, click on the first option (see screenshot) and untick it to resolve the issue.

upload_2015-7-24_15-1-52.webp

2. Set up a new email address, then fill in all of the details in Email Options in the ACP.

1. I'm using Google Apps and replies go to the person who filled in the forum (just tested both as a logged in member and as a guest). However, I did have this problem previously. In the ACP, search for Sender, click on the first option (see screenshot) and untick it to resolve the issue.

View attachment 112294

2. Set up a new email address, then fill in all of the details in Email Options in the ACP.
Thanks I did that but look at this, see what happens? its showing the support email and not the users email who submitted it inScreen Shot 2015-07-28 at 1.29.48 PM.webp

Top Bottom