Question

-Calypso-

So I would like to check out the code and such to see if this forum software is something I would like to develop modifications. Here is where I stand currently.

1. Not paying $140 "Just to have a look."
2. Can't access any "free" resource unless I pay $140 (It's not a free resource if payment is required to access it.)

Unless there is something I am missing, free lance developers who maybe interested must make a full purchase before they decide it is something they would want to do. Don't take it out of context, I'm not asking for anything for free, I just don't want to pony up $140 unless I am sure it is for me.

Thanks for reading. :)

So I would like to check out the code and such to see if this forum software is something I would like to develop modifications. Here is where I stand currently.

2. Can't access any "free" resource unless I pay $140 (It's not a free resource if payment is required to access it.)

Unless there is something I am missing, free lance developers who maybe interested must make a full purchase before they decide it is something they would want to do. Don't take it out of context, I'm not asking for anything for free, I just don't want to pony up $140 unless I am sure it is for me.

Well, I ask you to become active here for 2 weeks. You will not find "$140" wasteful than ;)
And a free resource would be like vB Lite. Which would be a too great loss of time for the developers.

Also, a demo version will probably be available when the stable version is released :)

Also, a demo version will probably be available when the stable version is released :)
To clarify, Mike and Kier have said that an online demo of the ACP will possibly be available after the Beta phase, not a demo version as such.

So even then the code still won't be available without purchasing a license.

Ok so any free lance developer must take a $140 gamble? Not 100% sure if that is encouraging, I can't afford to gamble like that, wife would kill me. Could XF meet me(us?) in the middle? Maybe create a demo page or an extended article on the "ins and outs" of the code? Something that can truly be accessed for free but nothing that would compromise the core code?

Hey Calypso, I have a demonstration site I can let you have access to if you just want to have a look before committing :) I know your work, and know you to be totally trustworthy.

One thing I will say, is there is very little in common with IPB LOL it is a completely different product! :)

PM me if you are interested.

Kim

Top Bottom