XF 1.3 Question regarding sub forum

Benas223

Hey guys, I have some questions. I want to split my forum in to two languages.

Would I need to buy another license for a website's copy?

If a second license is needed. Can I then copy my whole website and make a dublicate on a new domain after buying license?

A single license allows for one installation.
If you wish to have two entirely separate installations, you will need two licenses.

Yes, you would be able to copy and duplicate the existing site.

A single license allows for one installation.
If you wish to have two entirely separate installations, you will need two licenses.

Yes, you would be able to copy and duplicate the existing site.

Will I need to change anything on databases regarding domain change? Basicaly it will be the same name, just a different domain ending. From .com to .LT. Or will I just need change "Board URL" at the options?

You will need a separate database and if you copy the server files you will need to update config.php to reflect the new DB.

Other than that, just the Board URL in the ACP.

You may also need to consider adding/changing the cookie and cache, depending on where and how the installations will each be set up.

You will need a separate database and if you copy the server files you will need to update config.php to reflect the new DB.

Other than that, just the Board URL in the ACP.

You may also need to consider adding/changing the cookie and cache, depending on where and how the installations will each be set up.

And is there a discount for a second license, since I already own one?

You can import the database, following the general advice in my post above.

However, I'm not entirely sure what it is you are trying to achieve, having two identical sites.

You need to own the domain and have it hosted.
Have you done that?

You can't just decide you want to use domain.it if you don't own it.

The Board URL in the ACP is irrelevant regarding that.
It won't affect the operation of the site.

You can update that at any time.

My previous posts apply with regards to duplicating the site and importing the database.

Top Bottom