1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Question regarding sub forum

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Benas223, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Benas223

Benas223 Member

Hey guys, I have some questions. I want to split my forum in to two languages.

Would I need to buy another license for a website's copy?

If a second license is needed. Can I then copy my whole website and make a dublicate on a new domain after buying license?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

A single license allows for one installation.
    If you wish to have two entirely separate installations, you will need two licenses.

Yes, you would be able to copy and duplicate the existing site.

3. Benas223

Benas223 Member

Will I need to change anything on databases regarding domain change? Basicaly it will be the same name, just a different domain ending. From .com to .LT. Or will I just need change "Board URL" at the options?

4. Brogan

You will need a separate database and if you copy the server files you will need to update config.php to reflect the new DB.

Other than that, just the Board URL in the ACP.

You may also need to consider adding/changing the cookie and cache, depending on where and how the installations will each be set up.

5. Benas223

Benas223 Member

And is there a discount for a second license, since I already own one?

6. Brogan

7. Benas223

Benas223 Member

@Brogan Can I dublicate databases and rename them for the dupe website? Or do I need to generate fresh databases?

8. Brogan

You can import the database, following the general advice in my post above.

However, I'm not entirely sure what it is you are trying to achieve, having two identical sites.

9. Benas223

Benas223 Member

@Brogan Basicaly i don't want to re-install all the plugins etc, just a quick dublicate, clean up all the threads, translare and that's all

10. Brogan

Why not just install a language pack to your existing site?

11. Benas223

Benas223 Member

There're too many different topics for both communities, so i need to split them up.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  12. Benas223

Benas223 Member

@Brogan I have made a full dublicate of the website with databases. Bought license as well. In which files do I edit the url options? (To change from .com to .lt) Before launching the website up.

13. Brogan

You need to own the domain and have it hosted.
    Have you done that?

You can't just decide you want to use domain.it if you don't own it.

14. Benas223

Benas223 Member

@Brogan Yes, I already set up the domain. But since it's a dublicate of my existing website, i think there're saved up urls in "Board URL" on the options page?

15. Brogan

The Board URL in the ACP is irrelevant regarding that.
    It won't affect the operation of the site.

You can update that at any time.

My previous posts apply with regards to duplicating the site and importing the database.