XF 1.1 Question Regarding Import From VB4

tafreehm

Hello,
I am currently converting my forum from vb4 to xf in test environment. I got few question that I m confused about:

1. in vb4 I had few threads/post listed in Moderation queue. I have imported all threads/post but my moderation queue is empty. why is that? Where did all those threads/post go?
  2. It took me three hours to import reputation points, but now I cant see them anywhere. Did it just store them in database for future use or did it convert it to something else. I was thinking its gonna convert reputation points into trophy points.
  3. importer now have option to import blogs, social groups, user album and cms article. How its gonna save all those as ? would all of them gets convert into a form of thread ? if not then how its gonna treat them.
  4. I import all thraed/post by my xf forum stats is slightly different than what it should be. Few hundreds user and post less. Why is that? How can I fix that?
  5. How can I import smilies?
  6. All video embedding now does not work :( I found a plugin made by Kier but I notice it was made way back in beta stage. Is that beed improved/change or should I use that plugin still?

1) The moderated state of threads should be preserved. It was for my vB3 import. Maybe the vB4 importer is missing that detail. The vB4 importer is unofficial, but it is based on the vB3 importer so I would expect it to have that feature.

2) Rep clicks are imported as likes.

3) Yes. They are imported as threads.

4) XenForo doesn't count banned users, moderated users, or unconfirmed users. It's probably the banned users that explains the difference in member count. I don't remember there being a difference in thread / post count unless perhaps the counts were incorrect in vB.

5) There is no importer for smilies. You need to manually recreate them.

6) This addon still works great:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/post-content-find-replace.6548/

Here is example usage:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/converting-media-tags-from-vb3.25035/#post-305054

If you need exact code for your tags then I need examples of the tags you need to update.

1: Well on XF mod queue there are no threads.. anyways no big deal !!
2: I just imported Post thank you as likes, then reputation points. so my likes on xf did not get change before or after i imported rep points. Just wondering how it supposed to work.
3: Ok thanks
4: Ok there is slight difference in user count about 46 less. but post I got 200,000 thousands more post than what I had over at VB. I am really not sure which one of them showing wrong figures. And I still did not import groups, blogs, user albums, cms articles and attachments.
5: O God !! NO :(
6: Ok cool. Imma do that last.

4: Ok there is slight difference in user count about 46 less. but post I got 200,000 thousands more post than what I had over at VB. I am really not sure which one of them showing wrong figures. And I still did not import groups, blogs, user albums, cms articles and attachments.

What counter are you looking at? Where did the 200,000 number come from?

If you are concerned then I can examine the two databases to try to explain the difference. I would need FTP access to your server.

Im looking at the forums stats on both xf and vb. XF got 200,000+ post than what i had on vb. Still I did not import groups, blogs etc.

Is it because I haven't run the post rebuild counter thingy ?

Rebuilding Cache right now.. Will update you soon.
Btw, can you think of anything for me to import similes?

You could probably manage it by copying your smilie table to the XF database and then running a cross-table insert query. I will test this when I get a chance. I myself have over a hundred smilies in my vB database.

You could probably manage it by copying your smilie table to the XF database and then running a cross-table insert query. I will test this when I get a chance. I myself have over a hundred smilies in my vB database.

It works.

1) Copy vB's smilie table over to your XF database.

2) Run this query to insert the records into the xf_smilie table:

Code:
INSERT INTO xf_smilie (title, smilie_text, image_url, sprite_mode)
	SELECT s.title, s.smilietext, s.smiliepath, 0
	FROM smilie AS s;

3) You may need to run this query to fix the paths:

Rich (BB code):
UPDATE xf_smilie
SET image_url = REPLACE(image_url, 'OLD/VB/SMILIE/PATH', 'NEW/SMILIE/PATH');

And obviously you need to copy the smilie image files to the new location that you specify.

4) Edit and save a smilie in the Admin CP to prompt a rebuild of the cache:

Admin CP -> Home -> Smilies

If you have phpmyadmin on your server then use that to view your database. Select the smilie table from the vB database and click the Operations tab. There is an option there to copy the table to another database.

If you have phpmyadmin on your server then use that to view your database. Select the smilie table from the vB database and click the Operations tab. There is an option there to copy the table to another database.
ok I tried and get this:

Code:
Error

SQL query: Edit Edit

CREATE TABLE `addse_xf`.`xf_smilie` (
`smilieid` smallint( 5 ) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`title` char( 100 ) NOT NULL default '',
`smilietext` char( 20 ) NOT NULL default '',
`smiliepath` char( 100 ) NOT NULL default '',
`imagecategoryid` smallint( 5 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`displayorder` smallint( 5 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',
`importsmilieid` bigint( 20 ) NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY ( `smilieid` )
) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1

MySQL said: Documentation
#1050 - Table 'xf_smilie' already exists

Hi

I try to do the same thing, but get this error:

Fehler

SQL-Befehl:
CREATE TABLE `db176009_187`.`smilie` (
`smilieid` smallint( 5 ) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`title` char( 100 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
`smilietext` char( 20 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
`smiliepath` char( 100 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
`imagecategoryid` smallint( 5 ) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`displayorder` smallint( 5 ) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
`importsmilieid` bigint( 20 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
PRIMARY KEY ( `smilieid` )
) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1
MySQL meldet:
#1142 - CREATE command denied to user 'db176009_196'@'local3' for table 'smilie'

The db176009_187 is my XF forum. Why am I "denied"?

Is there another way to import my individual smilies into xf?

update:

I made a local dump of the table and imported it into the xf db. Then I did in SQL

Code:
INSERT INTO xf_smilie (title, smilie_text, image_url, sprite_mode)
    SELECT s.title, s.smilietext, s.smiliepath, 0
    FROM smilie AS s;

That worked well. Then I run the other queries to update the smilies path..

Code:
UPDATE xf_smilie
SET image_url = REPLACE(image_url, 'images/smilies', 'styles/default/xenforo/smilies');

Looks very good!

And where on the server are the xf-smilies located? (found the path. It is in styles/default/xenforo/smilies)

This is really great!

Top Bottom