Question regarding adding a webpage to my forum.

grobmad

I wasnt sure there was a good place to post this, since technically its not about xenforo. Didnt want to post it in the wrong place. Figured couldnt hurt to put it in the off topic.

- I started a xenforo forum on my main url.

- I now want to start adding a 'home' page to the url.... where I post articles, ect.

The Question : Would you suggest I create a new url for the home page to start building the actual website?

For example.

My main url is

Youniverse.media

Would it be advisable for me to use a different domain for thw homepage?

Youniverse.org (for example)

As its homepage?

Or... is there a way to attach a website to the forum while still using the .media domain?

Thank you.

Do you want to use XF to post the home page content, or something else such as wordpress?

If the former, you can use a page node, an article forum, or a third party add-on, etc.

If the latter, you should move XF to a sub directory such as /community.

Ah youre awesome @Brogan thanks for your response.

Yes I was thinking a more traditional style webpage for the news and articles, such as wordpress.

So to move XF to a sub directory, do you know if that means I create a 'community' directory in filezilla and then just transfer the files to that?

And then go into XF and make sure that is now the address I am using as its url?

Then finally, now that the .media url is no longer attached to xf, I go to wordpress and connect the article webpage to that url?

If instead of doing that, is there a way I could just attach the website to the forum by giving it an extension such as

youniverse.media/home

While keeping XF as is?

Or would that not work because the root url is ultimately under XF?

So to move XF to a sub directory, do you know if that means I create a 'community' directory in filezilla and then just transfer the files to that?

And then go into XF and make sure that is now the address I am using as its url?

Then finally, now that the .media url is no longer attached to xf, I go to wordpress and connect the article webpage to that url?
Yes, that's what you would need to do.

Top Bottom