Question on user intergration?

Elizabeth

I just finished adding my vb board to my xenforo board. Problem is that I now have three "Elizabeth" accounts, LOL. One is guest, one is southernlady (how I use to post) and one is Elizabeth, which is how I am posting now.

What is the best way to get them all under one roof or can I?

If I can't, should I redo the import? I do have a backup of the XF database before I started.

Is this as a result of the import? Or did those accounts exist that way under vB?

I don't see any 'user merge' feature in the current beta. The importer will merge users for you if there are multiple accounts with the same email. Or vB has a 'user merge' feature which could be used before running the import. But I don't see any easy way to merge accounts after the import.

Elizabeth is a XenForo account. One of the southernlady's is an admin account pulled over on an import. The other southernlady somehow ended up as a guest account due to the import. How? I don't know. Other than that, my import went fairly well.

Now, I could go back and redo it. Like I said, I have the sql backup prior to the import so I could put that back in. Go clean the vb forum very well, scrub it actually of all unneeded posts and then try again.

As there's no merge function currently in XenForo, I would go with Jake's suggestion of using the vB user merge feature (if required) prior to import.

Then make sure your XenForo admin account has the same details as your vB account and try the import again.

There must be a reason why there is a guest account being created though.
Perhaps there is some erroneous or orphaned data in the existing database somewhere?

Well, I got rid of one of the three. Can't manage to merge all three but I'm down to two, so I'm okay with that. I need to go into the phpmyadmin and readjust my post count. I LOST a bunch in the transfer and trimming. :)

Top Bottom