1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wordpress / XF intergration

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by ExpertPixels.com, Jul 6, 2012.

1. ExpertPixels.com

ExpertPixels.com Well-Known Member

Hey all,

Ive begun work on a new project and the main platform will be wordpress, what i am wondering is how / what would be the best practice to integrate Xenforo with Wordpress ?

Ideally i just want one main / global header & footer and would like to have the XF powered forums running from hxxp://mydomain.com/forums/ I really do not have much need for the XF navigation tab / section, in fact i would rather it's removed completely and just rely on the xf breadcrumbs for forum navigation.

In a perfect world it would be so much simpler to use the one platform / system for content, forums, membership levels & a shopping cart, but from all of my experience WP as the bases platform is my best option.

Any advice / feedback / help / assistance / pm's on this matter is greatly appreciated and i am more than happy to help out back any way i can do whoever can assist me with this.

Regards, Darren

PS... Can the branding removal be added to a license at a later date ? Cheers
  2. Skyrie

Skyrie Member

Hi ExpertPixels. I've been trying to do this for a long time, but I never managed to do so. There is a bridge that lets you use XenForo as the main platform, but not WordPress, which is what I really need.

As for branding removal, yes, you can add that at a later date :)
  3. Bram

Bram Well-Known Member

We have a wordpress site and a xenforo forum. WP uses the permissions from XF on the blog. OP says he wants to only use the WP header and use xenforo as the mainnavigation. I have considered that as well but eventually just decided to keep them separate but just copy the look and feel.

Frontpage here and forum here. Hardly notice the difference.
    John55 and Steve F like this.
  4. John55

John55 Member

Bram what plug-in are you using for the bridge?
  5. Skyrie

Skyrie Member

There's a common one you can find by Googling for XenForo WordPress bridge, John. It's not what I'm looking for (since it uses XenForo as the user database and not WordPress). I think the OP wanted to use WP as the user database as well, though.
  6. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

There exists a custom WP-XF bridge, but it's not available for the public because it was a private inquiry of a customer.