1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[question] Does XenForo have unit tests available?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Mike Tougeron, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Mike Tougeron

Mike Tougeron Well-Known Member

Does XenForo have unit tests available? If so, are they available for customers to run?

We're really big on unit testing here @ IGN and I wanted to see if unit tests were available. It'd be nice to run them when we want to upgrade XenForo and/or if we've had to tweak something ourselves.

Thanks, Mike

2. Floris

Floris Guest

Hey Mike,

It's great to see you here =D

With a license you're permitted to run a private instance alongside the live site for testing purposes. This shouldn't be a problem.

3. ragtek

ragtek Guest

jmurrayhead likes this.
  4. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Not that I know of, no.

That would certainly be nice.

5. Mike Tougeron

Hmm... if there isn't any, perhaps I can get some resources from IGN to help write some. If we end up writing some (darn the 3Q quandry), we'll be sure to put them up on github for anyone to use.

Kuer and Dean like this.
  6. Floris

Floris Guest

Ragtek, I was already looking into that, but wasn't sure it's what he meant - didn't want to complicate the thread. Glad to hear it is! Thanks for posting the info.

Mike, if you guys can and share it on github, that would be awesome.

7. Mike Tougeron

Of course. Anything we do with XenForo that's not confidential to IGN (e.g. our login system) we'll be sending back to XenForo directly or putting it on GitHub.

Kuer, jmurrayhead and Floris like this.