XF 1.1 Question after import (screenshot included)

nodle

I have a question, my site has been up and running for about two weeks now after my import. I noticed this screen and is there anything else I need to do with it, or is it just normal?

import.webp

I don't really need to archive it because the import went fine. But when I selected "empty the import log without archiving" and click "configure importer" it just stays on the same page and nothing happens. So do I just ignore it then?

You haven't finalised the import.

An unfinished import session prompts you like this:

Screen shot 2013-06-25 at 5.12.08 PM.webp

Strictly speaking, his screenshot means an import was previously run and finished but he chose not to archive the import log. That means the log table is still named xf_import_log instead of archived_import_log. This isn't a problem. The previous import session is closed. But if he runs another import then he needs to archive the previous import log to make way for a new one.

I don't really need to archive it because the import went fine. But when I selected "empty the import log without archiving" and click "configure importer" it just stays on the same page and nothing happens. So do I just ignore it then?

That is because the import log option is part of running a new import. There is no need to take any action on the import log if you aren't running another import. The reason it returns to the same page is because you didn't select a new import system. You can't just select an action for the log, rather it's part of running a new import.

Ignore it. That page is normal. There is no problem requiring your action if you aren't running another import.

Top Bottom