Question about sidebar "new posts"

Silivistras

Why the core addon at 1,5 "New Posts" at the sidebar is not working like the "new posts" from the tool bar? If i click a new post from sidebar this is not disappearing and remains there.

And something else, why when i click at a new post, it goes me at the last new post and not at the last unread post?

The sidebar block lists the latest new posts.
It wouldn't make much sense to remove them once read, as the block would then no longer appear until a new (unread) post was made.

Clicking a thread with unread posts should always load the thread at the first unread post - the URL is appended with /unread.

The sidebar block lists the latest new posts.
It wouldn't make much sense to remove them once read, as the block would then no longer appear until a new (unread) post was made.
Very nice, why the name is "New Posts" then and not "Recent Posts" or something else and what would be the problem if the block was no longer appeared till a new post was made? At the older versions AndyB had a very nice perspective by using another addon for "New Posts" concerning members and another (like this you are describing) addon for guests named "Recent Posts".

Clicking a thread with unread posts should always load the thread at the first unread post - the URL is appended with /unread.
And what is going on with me, why i see always the last post and not the first unread? Could i check for something wrong?

Very nice, why the name is "New Posts" then and not "Recent Posts" or something else
You can change the block title to Recent Posts if you prefer.

And what is going on with me, why i see always the last post and not the first unread?
If there is no /unread URL appended when you hover over it then the thread has already been marked as read, either due to you reading it, or manually marking the forum it is in as read.

If there is no /unread URL appended when you hover over it then the thread has already been marked as read, either due to you reading it, or manually marking the forum it is in as read.
I don't understand, is not your fault, its a matter of language :(.
Anyway, reading the "New Posts" from sidebar block and reading the "New Posts" from forum tool bar options, have not the same behavior. From the time that the new posts remaining at the sidebar blog as recent and not new, i want to read new posts from forum tool bar option. If someone choose to read "New Posts" choosing NOT the sidebar block but the option from the forum tool bar, he will see that is appearing only the last post and not the last unread. It is checked and it certainly happens. :(

If someone choose to read "New Posts" choosing NOT the sidebar block but the option from the forum tool bar, he will see that is appearing only the last post and not the last unread. It is checked and it certainly happens. :(
I am unable to reproduce it.

If I click on the New Posts link on the navigation bar (https://xenforo.com/community/find-new/posts) any thread which I have not read/visited appears in the list and clicking any one of them takes me to the first unread post in each thread.

The URL in each case is appended with /unread, for example: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/question-about-sidebar-new-posts.111189/unread

Top Bottom