1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Question about routes and resources in route subfolders

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Stuart Wright, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

So we're installing Xenforo in root.
    One of the folders - /news has been in root for years and has lots of images in it used in lots of threads.
    Now we want to set up a route to redirect avforums.com/news/some_new_article.1234 to a news item in our editorial system addon in Xenforo.
    Can we still link to and use news/images/stuff or have we got to remove the images folder altogether.
    I don't know how the rules will work.
    Can someone shed some light, please?
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I believe Apache will use the files/folders first and any routes you have that overrides them are ignored. However, I don't have a situation handy where I can test that.
  3. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

We would never have any pages in news/images. news/ root would have a Xenforo route set up to display the news hub. All the news items would use the url structure I detailed above.
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

According to your first post, that statement is wrong:

I believe it's been reported that members have had trouble with aMember installed on the server under /members/ and not being able to use the members route.
  5. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Jeremy likes this.